Author Topic: Digital Sculpts - German Officer in Heer Uniform 200730  (Read 266602 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Horse with Cart 190128
« Reply #555 on: January 31, 2019, 08:00:50 am »
The Horses look right in proportion  .IMO though they are not what I would consider draft horses  . They look more like the kind you would ride . Probably be OK pulling a farm wagon , as most old time  farmers  had horses trained to both ride and pull stuff . Don't think they would look good pulling an artillery piece though ....... but I could be wrong , they might look Ok  . Guess we'll have to wait and see what other ideas Rubicon has up their sleeves . AS smurf says , an eye level picture would be easier to pass judgement on

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Horse-drawn Wagon Painted 190131
« Reply #556 on: January 31, 2019, 02:19:23 pm »
No more guessing work... here are some pictures of the horse-drawn wagon design!

Enjoy!
;)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 31, 2019, 03:45:55 pm »
Looking good.

Seeing horses on the battlefield is not at all unreasonable, so these will be welcomed by many gamers. I would like to see how they measure up to other 28mm figures. Including other manufactures if possible. A 6' (182cm) human for scale would be good (and not something like a dwarf, troll, goblin, or hobbit), but its very important to note that horses come in several heights. Typically from 10 to 18 hands.

Hands you say? Horses are traditionally measured in a unit of measurement called "hands". One "hand" is equal to 4"  or 10.16cm. This means that a standard 14 hand horse is about 56" (142.24cm) tall from the ground to the highest point of the horse's withers.
Yes withers.  :)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 31, 2019, 04:11:27 pm »
Size comparison between a human and a horse...  We had used a lot of photos and charts trying to make this right!

Enjoy!
;)

Old Guard

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 01, 2019, 12:37:27 am »
not too worried about the size maybe some variety with some chunkier ones would be nice
but ... and I know its not nice.... dead ones in harness' for that  Normandy  Post air strike look
or at least the option to model as casualties

sorry  :-\

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - More stowage 190301
« Reply #560 on: March 01, 2019, 03:08:16 pm »
Existing plastic stowage with some not-yet-released pewter items.  Can you spot them?  ;)

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Digital Sculpts - More stowage 190301
« Reply #561 on: March 01, 2019, 05:17:55 pm »
Existing plastic stowage with some not-yet-released pewter items.  Can you spot them?  ;)

Enjoy!
;)
Crates with side detail, crates with ammunition (mortar or grenades) stamped metal boxes.

Still need some Panzer Faust boxes for the front mudguards (resin if not plastic).

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - British Para Revised 190306
« Reply #562 on: March 06, 2019, 03:42:41 pm »
There is a little hiccup on the British paratroopers late last year, and we had sent the figure back to our sculptors and had it reworked. This is the revised template!

Enjoy!
;)

Captain Blood

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - British Para Revised 190306
« Reply #563 on: March 07, 2019, 08:03:11 am »
I would say the beret looks just a little too big and floppy. WW2 berets were bigger than modern British army berets, butthis one pushes it just a bit too much.

The Denison smock is well rendered though.
(I’ve got one of those, although it’s a later pattern one with knitted cuffs).

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Soviet in Winter Gear 190307
« Reply #564 on: March 07, 2019, 03:25:36 pm »
This is our 3rd set of three Soviet infantry in winter gear... in resting pose!

Enjoy!
;)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Civilian Prototypes 190802
« Reply #565 on: August 02, 2019, 12:40:22 pm »
Have not had any updates on our digital sculpts lately due to so many supporting works for our vehicle projects. 

Here is a new range for pewter collection - A new CIVILIAN series... the first set will be focused on "Farmhands"!

Enjoy!
;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Civilian Prototypes 190802
« Reply #566 on: August 03, 2019, 11:03:25 am »
These are rather good - the poses seem very natural and they have a nice generic look; they could be anywhere from Russia to Italy.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - More Civilian Prototypes 190803
« Reply #567 on: August 03, 2019, 04:31:09 pm »
More civilian sculpts, this one same upper body with two different lower torsi...

Enjoy!
;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - More Civilian Prototypes 190803
« Reply #568 on: August 03, 2019, 10:10:37 pm »
 At 1st glance I thought they looked rather static . I was expecting people going about their day to day business , a little more engaged in some type of work or kids at play  . But now I think about it , this is how the rural folk would look as a Panzer column rolls through their dirt road border town  , either a look of stunned silence  or indifference . We also  need a couple of kids waving at the "parade" as it winds through town , as well as a couple of folks offering the troops food , drink or flowers ( alternate faces & arms ? ) , remember the Germans ( and Russians ) were seen as  Saviours and heroes to certain parts of Europe in the early days of the war

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - 4 Wheeled 2 Horse Cart Prototype 190819
« Reply #569 on: August 19, 2019, 05:06:00 pm »
A breath of fresh air from the fighting vehicles... a Village scene with some farmhands and a horse cart!

This is a multi-purpose horse cart (or wagon). With the change of the driver, the horse cart can be used in many scenarios, from transporting supplies, ammo to troops.

Those with some modelling skills can convert the cart into a limber too. More info later!

Enjoy!
;)