Author Topic: What's Warlord up to?  (Read 3541 times)

ripley

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2018, 08:47:24 AM »
I'm thinking the BA Flak 88 is a re scaled 1/48 Italeri , it didn't come with a crew . Funny enough , Italeri (or maybe it was Tamiya ) re boxed it awhile go with a bunch of Tamiya 1/48 German figures and ammo boxes , but they aren't the 3 round wicker boxes usually found with the 88  because Tamiya dosn't make them , and the crew were just various Tamiya  Afrcka Korp figures not actual gun crew figures .Epic fail IMO

ripley

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2018, 10:17:13 AM »
A couple of the Perry US troops  WIP posted on Beasts of War

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2018, 10:47:33 AM »
These must be a replacement for the current US Army figures.  They do look better.

ripley

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2018, 12:10:13 PM »
Supposed to be the M43 pattern uniform , good for North Africa , Italy and was wore in Europe by some units till the end in 45 . Should be a nice set , 3 sprues of 12 figures ,( 3 kneeling , one prone per spue ), plus a command sprue of 4 figures . Do Perrys fit in with Rubicon's style of figures , I know Perrys  look odd with the BA heroics ?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:59:08 PM by ripley »

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2018, 02:09:36 PM »
These must be a replacement for the current US Army figures.  They do look better.

They’re the perry ones, not warlord. Although warlord are releasing new US infantry soon.

Scale wise, it’s not too bad. If warlord is heroic and rubicon is true, Perry is somewhere in the middle towards the true side.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2018, 10:53:11 AM »
I see - no wonder they look better than the current Warlord US Infantry.  I assume we won't see them released in less than a year.

I think Rubicon have modelled their figures on the Perry dimensions.  They're not true scale. 

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2018, 03:25:29 PM »
Warlord US infantry is out in the next month or so and the Perry ones, we’ll they only had 2 greens done and it’s a side project so let just say “at some point”.

Rubicon infantry aren’t the same as the perry for scale, they are noticibly more slender and to scale. That said, I think you can easily get away with mixing and matching Rubicon and Perry without too much issue.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament