Author Topic: Looking for a couple of spare Sherman parts  (Read 7807 times)

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Looking for a couple of spare Sherman parts
« on: May 30, 2018, 08:25:52 pm »

Has anyone got the parts from the F sprue of the M4A2/Composite/Firefly IC kits, F17 & F09 (the M34A1 mantlet & gun mount) going spare & be prepared to part with them - I would be grateful - happy to pay postage or perhaps I've got something in the bits box that you're after? PM me if you do.
 Cheers,
                  Matt

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a couple of spare Sherman parts
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:05:12 pm »
Don't have those parts I'm afraid  but , I do have the Sherman mantlet , barrel from the BA plastic Churchill in the parts box . If you can't find the Rubicon bits these might work with a little tlc  :D

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 10:04:53 pm »

Cheers Ripley, I may well take you up on the Sherman mantlet if I can't get the F-sprue bits :)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 09:16:46 am »
I'll set them aside so I don't use them  ::) , and wait to hear from you

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 11:39:53 am »
I had a look, as I had several F-sprues.  I don't seem to have kept any of the unused mantlets or gun mounts, unfortunately.  If I come across them (or pick up another kit with that sprue) I'll let you know. 
'

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 08:27:43 pm »
@Ballardian
I thought maybe I can help, but sadly I do not have those parts (F09 and F17) among my spares. However, I do have another Sherman kit (#280060) that I have not assembled, but I have not decided if I will assemble the early (F02 and F39) or later (F09 and F17) mantlet. Do you need these part right away?

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 11:01:58 pm »

Many thanks Pinky, as you said, please let me know if they turn up (& you're prepared to part with them).

Thank you Tracks - I'm not in any real hurry, so if you decide that you don't need them please let me know.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 11:35:48 pm »
Afraid all my shermans are built as late war
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

smant61

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 09:14:40 pm »
Hi, F spruce in m4a2 as well have bought several of each to make all versions don't have the 2 parts but have 2complete 
F sprues unopened if these are of use you welcome to have one . Also many other unused sprues from other rubicon etc.

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 10:52:52 pm »

Hello smant61, that's a very generous offer & I'd love to take you up on it (for one of the F-sprues). Firstly I'm in the UK - is that ok for you? - I'd obviously be happy to reimburse you for the postage - let me know & I'll PM you an address & many thanks.

smant61

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 11:52:37 pm »
Hi, I'm in Wales so give me an address and let me know1st or 2nd class post anything else let me know have loads of rubicon spares I collect not gamer so storage I keep spares no use to me.Will provide proof of postage if needed.

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 09:04:55 pm »

Many thanks to everyone who had a root through their bits boxes, yesterday the missus surprised me with an M4A2 kit, so I've now got the parts I need, I appreciate the effort you went to.
 Thanks again,
                               Matt