Author Topic: Digital Sculpts - German Officer in Heer Uniform 200730  (Read 264344 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Russian Tank Crew 160930
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2016, 03:49:27 pm »
Russian tank crew, most of them with full body...

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2016, 05:25:58 pm »
Looks good.

The guy bottom right might be visited by the commissar as he does not know the words to The Internationale.

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »
Looks great...
Any female ones ?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2016, 08:40:44 pm »
Looking really good but quit teasing us , get some to the stores  :D

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2016, 08:42:36 pm »
Looking really good but quit teasing us , get some to the stores  :D

We definitely would like these to be out ASAP, but the mould making queue is so long...  basically speechless!

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - US Truck Crew Set 1 - 161013
« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2016, 11:11:25 am »
Preliminary sculpt for one side of the truck...  some poses still needed to be modify, but the general poses are quite interesting!

Enjoy!
;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2016, 11:40:40 am »
Those look really good . Add a alternate set of arms and heads for each figure and you've got winner there .  Every one would need at least 2 sets of 5 to fill a half track and probably 3 sets ( or more ) to fill the back of a deuce .The only figure that " bothers " me is the guy tying his boot . I would find it difficult to place 2 guys like that in a single vehicle . Maybe an alternate leg for him just so he looks normal  ::) . And of course there will be a set of seated  Brit , Russian and various versions of German figures in the future , right ?

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2016, 12:38:16 pm »
Yes, these look great.  I like the poses, although maybe the one tying his laces is a bit too specific.

One question for Rubicon about the figures that coming.  I noticed that the detail on the existing US truck crew is a bit 'soft', in that it's less well defined than it is on the latest Warlord figures.  Is this because you're still  in the process of getting the moulding right for your figures, or is there an issue with the plastic you're using?   

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2016, 01:08:52 pm »
One question for Rubicon about the figures that coming.  I noticed that the detail on the existing US truck crew is a bit 'soft', in that it's less well defined than it is on the latest Warlord figures.  Is this because you're still  in the process of getting the moulding right for your figures, or is there an issue with the plastic you're using?   

This is because of the differences between mould production method.  We are using EDM with a copper master, whereas Renedra (WLG) is using the traditional method using "manual" 3 up masters.  Basically in Asia, there are no more mould making using the traditional method... had been obsolete for over 20+ years!  Being that said, there is still room for us to improve the quality of our plastic figures.  It's just a matter of time and experience to fine tune it now!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:59:46 am by Rubicon Models »

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 14, 2016, 01:57:53 am »
Preliminary sculpt for one side of the truck...  some poses still needed to be modify, but the general poses are quite interesting!

Enjoy!
;)

I need these..
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Michael & Balthasar - 161014
« Reply #175 on: October 14, 2016, 12:46:52 pm »
If you like our sitting US soldiers, you will love this more!

Enjoy!
;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 14, 2016, 01:33:38 pm »
These are lovely designs (although Wittmann tended to wear his cap with a bit more of a rakish tilt).  However...without wanting to get into a very old and tired debate, it might be worth considering whether you really want to produce models of SS poster boys.  Just a thought...   

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 14, 2016, 08:18:15 pm »
I agree with Pinky  on this one . Really nice looking figures though . Maybe you could include then in a Whttman specific Tiger kit , which would include specific decals for his tank , although this has been done by Warlord in 28mm and Dragon in 1/35  already

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 14, 2016, 11:26:28 pm »
My concern is that companies like Dragon have been rather too enamoured of the whole SS thing, and produce too many kits and figures which basically replicate Nazi propaganda.  In fact, most kit manufacturers focus too much on German subjects.  I really like the Rubicon have kept a reasonable balance of subjects - although the majority of the current pipeline projects do seem to be overwhelmingly German, I'm sure we'll see non-German subjects given equally extensive coverage soon (like the Sherman). 

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2016, 03:14:19 am »
Love the new figures, the U.S are most welcome and I personally love the Michael and Balthasar figures. at 62 years old, I`ve no  problem with SS figures I think all aspects of WW2 should be wargamed and modelled. I asked in another post if figures could be made with trailers as with camp equipment would this make there production easier for you..