Author Topic: Allied half track passengers  (Read 4199 times)

Seret

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Allied half track passengers
« on: August 29, 2016, 04:42:12 pm »
Since it seems to be all about figures at the mo, I thought I'd put a shout out for some Allied half track passengers. It seems like the only people doing passengers in British uniform for an M5 half track in 28mm are Victory Force miniatures in the states, and once you factor in the exchange rate and postage these are eye-wateringly expensive (about £35 to fit out one half track!). So my half tracks will be driving around empty for the foreseable future.

Warlord do German passengers in metal, but nothing for the other side. Just a thought.

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Allied half track passengers
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 08:42:15 pm »
Indeed, a good set of passenger models suitable for half-tracks & trucks would be welcome for all factions.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 09:37:14 pm »
And an M5 for them to travel in...

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 09:54:48 pm »
Warlord's SdKfz 251 Ausf D includes some plastic seated Grenadiers.  They're not bad - they go well with the Grenadier set.

As UVS mentioned, we need an M5 before Rubicon do any Commonwealth passengers. 

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 01:34:18 am »
I agree that the WG panzergrenadier passengers look ok (I bought some WG 251s out of laziness as they came with passengers) - unfortunately as soon as I added one of the standard plastics (converted to a machine gunner) they looked like children. So the sooner the Rubicon 251 crew become available the better - I don't mind if they're a little smaller than the heroic standard in common use - as long as there is some consistency in the size of the occupants!

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 10:22:51 am »
I agree that the WG panzergrenadier passengers look ok (I bought some WG 251s out of laziness as they came with passengers) - unfortunately as soon as I added one of the standard plastics (converted to a machine gunner) they looked like children.

I did the same; it's a bit extravagant, but I bought 2 Warlord SdKfz 251/2's just for the mortars, figures and accessories.  Their Ausf D is greatly inferior to Rubicon's, so I won't use the vehicles.  I didn't realise that the figures are undersized - that's annoying.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 03:21:52 pm »
I agree that the WG panzergrenadier passengers look ok (I bought some WG 251s out of laziness as they came with passengers) - unfortunately as soon as I added one of the standard plastics (converted to a machine gunner) they looked like children.

I did the same; it's a bit extravagant, but I bought 2 Warlord SdKfz 251/2's just for the mortars, figures and accessories.  Their Ausf D is greatly inferior to Rubicon's, so I won't use the vehicles.  I didn't realise that the figures are undersized - that's annoying.

They make good scenery though ;) or ruined vehicles on a diarama
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament