Author Topic: Panzer Division (PD) Decal Sheets 190331  (Read 4127 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Panzer Division (PD) Decal Sheets 190331
« on: April 01, 2019, 12:07:37 am »
Modellers and German players, we are looking into releasing Panzer Division (PD) themed decal sheets, but there are just too many of them to give each one a sheet. Therefore, we are asking which one(s) are you most sought after?

Again, we might combine some "less-in-demand" PDs together (more like our old sheets)... Anyway, here is a list of 39 PDs:

PD 1 to PD 27
PD 116, previously PD 16

Panzer Lehr Division (PD 130)
Panzer Corps Feldherrnhalle
Panzerkorps Großdeutschland
Fallschirm-Panzer Division 1, Hermann Göring

1st SS Panzer Division, Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler
2nd SS Panzer Division, Das Reich
3rd SS Panzer Division, Totenkopf
5th SS Panzer Division, Wiking
9th SS Panzer Division, Hohenstaufen
10th SS Panzer Division, Frundsberg
12th SS Panzer Division, Hitlerjugend

Here is a sample of what the sheet might look like (subject to change):

Thank you!
;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 12:27:36 am by Rubicon Models »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Panzer Division (PD) Decal Sheets 190331
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 01:09:06 am »
I think your well served by the decal sets you already have. True there might be one or two that you only printed in white , that also were seen in yellow , or vise versa , but you've got a good mix . How about a theatre specific set of German  decals  instead ? You could do a set for Normandy , Eastern Front ,  or the Italian Campaign for example  , with a mix of decals from the more famous  units in those battles weather SS Division  , Panzer Division ,  Assault Gun or Jadg Panzer unit . That would then  cover your Panzer II , IV  , Panther ,Tiger , Hetzer and Stug III kits

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 01:20:24 am »
True, but that will require a lot of research... resources that we don't have.  There are just too many projects on-going.  Making decals is not one of our priorities.

We understand our current offering packed quite a few PDs together. As it turned out, not enough decals for a few vehicles per PD.  Since we are almost running out of stock for most German PD decals; instead of a re-run, we can spend some off-hours to create a new decal set to cover the needs of the customer better.  Just need some brainwashing to get this done!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:58:42 am »
Fair enough . Between the 38 German 1/56 scale  vehicle kits  I've built ( both Rubicon & BA ) and the 40 plus years of building other scale WW2 tank kits , I've got enough left over decal sets to keep me happy for years . And IMO, the decal sets  that come with your kits are just fine , with a good variety of Panzer Division insignias . I'm sure others will probably chime in with a different opinion , and I can see if your just starting out in the  hobby how you might not have a load of spares to draw from .  What I think we could use is some vehicle numbers sets , both white outlined red and black , from 1 -9 plus 0 and Roman numerals I , II and III for command vehicles . Trust me , its not fun trying to hand paint these on your late war tanks , unless your doing 12th SS Normandy
[/url
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 05:02:37 am by ripley »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 01:00:46 pm »
We already have a decal sheet like this...

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 02:35:53 pm »
I hope you will have that hollow numbbers decal set at Salute, perfect for my M113A2G.

As I mentioned on the Panzer IV thread, my German vehicles get numbers and Balkenkreus, so I have no input on additional unit specific decals.

Theatre specific numbers are another matter.

(edit) I cannot blame autocorrect for that...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:44:50 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 08:33:24 pm »
I agree with doing specific ones, as most customers shy away from buying the decal sheet because the cost of it for just a few of the decals.

Not sure what German ones would be required though.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 11:07:44 pm »
The outline decal sheet you have is great , but we could use a set like this

white outline with red or black centers

CuorDiLeone

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 08:02:21 am »
How about a sheet with numbers for a whole company like this? Maybe in red numerals?