Author Topic: Your next British tank... which one?  (Read 16722 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Your next British tank... which one?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 12:23:06 am »
Good idea Ripley.

The Bofors turret would make a great plastic kit, the tractor a resin add on.

Eclaireur

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2019, 12:24:36 am »
+1 on Ripley's idea. Not sure whether there's a Centaur variant possible on a basic Crusader hull also or whether that's not viable, given the vehicle differences.

Sorry to say I don't think the answer to your question is a Comet, although doubtless that choice will have some fans. A Lee/Grant, Churchill, Matilda or Cromwell all better in my view. I accept there are some plastics of some of these other vehicles out there but I think we've got to the point where we simply expect the Rubicon version to be better than the competition and you do not disappoint  ;D
EC 

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2019, 01:49:15 am »
Sorry to say I don't think the answer to your question is a Comet, although doubtless that choice will have some fans.
EC
The Comet is old news, as it is off and running.

http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=874.0

Eclaireur

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 02:55:19 am »
yes, indeed UVS, I knew about it, hence apology for being negative. sloppy phrasing on my part ...
EC

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 02:44:38 pm »
Thanks for the input... we will do some research on the Valentine to see which variant(s) can be included in a single kit.

What's your view on which Valentine variant(s) you want us to do?

I'd like to address this.  I think the kit should include parts for a Mark II and/or Mark III (with sand shields, fuel tank etc), and a Mark IX.  This would give you a common Desert War version and a (useful) version used by the Red Army.  It might also be possible to squeeze in the parts for a Bishop (it's a horrible looking vehicle and a mediocre SP gun, but it would be a nice option to include).  Once the chassis is done, you could also do the Archer, which would (I suspect) be reasonably popular.

Old Guard

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2019, 06:44:34 pm »
How about  Rubicon expand on a tank they already have ? Here's 3 vehicles based on the Crusader hull .

If Rubicon decide to release a 17 Pdr than the Tractor kit  should be a given . If they release a 40mm Bofors than the AA turret could be released as an expansion kit . The ARV parts could be released as a plastic blister pack

I'm having a fat kid on cake moment!  yes, yes and thrice yes.  these would be great!

Marcin

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2019, 06:28:26 pm »
All your new plans and new kits Rubicon Models are great, and thank you for them.
I only wanted to point out that there is very little if any 1/56 plastic armoured cars and we need them :)
I've seen you are already working on Staghound, and that's fantastic!
AEC, Humber, Daimler, Daimler Dingo would be great addition also.

From Tanks department I miss Grant/Lee very much.
"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." - G.S. Patton

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2019, 09:46:13 am »
From Tanks department I miss Grant/Lee very much.

You are not alone.