Author Topic: After Nam, a Hummer?  (Read 1909 times)

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
After Nam, a Hummer?
« on: January 11, 2022, 04:49:32 am »
 Many years ago I enjoyed a game Twilight 2000, at the time when it came out on the box lid was an Hummer. I was late 20 s now I`m 67years young and the game as just been re-realised. Sadlly  i`ve still no Hummer this iconic vehicle as only resin bricks and 1/72 scale scale Kits. This would be the ultimate series of machines for you solid top, open, ambulance, etc.

Ursus Maior

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: After Nam, a Hummer?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 05:53:50 pm »
Had the same problem. We're planning to do a 28 mm post-WW3 wargaming project running parallel to the T2K campaign I referee now. The plan is to mix equipment from the late 1940s to the 1990s. Personally, I'm doing forces that fit Eastern European militaries, paramilitaries or civilians from the era. The 'Nam range is super interesting for me, but so would a HMMWV, M48A5, M60s and BTR-152 as well as later-model T-54/55s.

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: After Nam, a Hummer?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 01:24:55 am »
I can`t belive that with so many years gone buy that here i am writing to you about the lack of vehicles in 1/56th to do Zombie, end of world, alien invasion. Iv`e had the chance over time to buy 1/64th civilian machines, of which some have been more correct to 1/56th in fact "Johny Lightning" Willys Jeeps are one of the best buys yet. Matching Rubicon in size and detail, and even a small engine under the hood. Iv`e "Winnes" for survivors traveling homes. I`ve built a WW2 Military. Vehicle. Conservation. Group. (M.V.C.G). using Rubicon US machines and civilian vehicles. Figures I use are, the old Wargames Factory, Civilians. now Warlord Games, Perry, and Wargame foundrys, now gone US infantry. I like the idea of rag tad just holding on "Falling Skies" group. The  thing is if you scratch buildings and scenery  its nice if it all blends in. Good look in your  project if you have any questions  ask away. Cheers Geoff.