Author Topic: M102 105mm Light Howitzer instructions...  (Read 1042 times)

Ari Marsson

• Cadet
    • View Profile
M102 105mm Light Howitzer instructions...
« on: December 15, 2022, 04:13:41 pm »
Gents, received my M102 105mm Light Howitzer kit today.
Nice kit, as expected, but have a couple of questions re the instruction sheet...
Section 8.  What is the rationale behind not glueing parts A17 & A18?
Section 10.  Are the labels 'On-Tow' and 'Deployed' transposed?
Using parts B03 & B04 gives a lower barrel elevation more suitable for travel...
Needless to say I only realised this after building it!

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: M102 105mm Light Howitzer instructions...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 09:18:51 am »
Rubicon Models has not posted the instruction sheet for their M102 105mm Light Howitzer kit (Product Code: 280126), and I do not have this kit (it wasn't used in WW2).

Rubicon Models used to be pretty good at posting their instructions for their kits. They would post them just before the kit was released or shortly afterwards. The great thing about this was that people were then able to as questions within the "Official Assembly Instructions" thread. I wonder why they stopped this practice because it was very useful, and at times, informative.

Anyway, can you share some pics of the sections and parts in question?

As for Section 10, most of their kits can be assembled either deployed or in transport mode, and sometimes both if you do not glue the parts (depend on the gun). When assembling, people should read the instructions carefully. Rubicon Models instructions are usually very good and at times has lots of details and side notes. However, people sometimes rush through without carefully examining and noting any special options/choices/drilling/warnings/modifications. Not sure how common this is, but I have a friend that does this all the time.

Sometimes Rubicon Models does make a mistake or two, but that is where their "Official Assembly Instructions" thread becomes very handy and people can ask. Or have questions if something is not clear or misleading.

Well, I guess that was a long answer to say, "Can you take a picture?"

Stuart

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: M102 105mm Light Howitzer instructions...
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 11:54:36 am »
Have not seen the model either, but I am curious if the model includes the stakes to secure the baseplate to the ground while in the firing position. The M102 was always "nailed down" while firing.

Also, I am wondering if the kit includes such things as ammo boxes, aiming stakes and an aiming circle for use in making a diorama.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 11:58:25 am by Stuart »