Author Topic: RESIN Project - LCM(3) - Packaging 190110  (Read 30543 times)

Old Guard

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: RESIN Project - LCM(3) - Packaging 190110
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2019, 10:22:37 pm »
really really impressive

now..... there is just that one question .....£?  ;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2019, 02:37:35 am »
That is well thought out.

My only comment would be that making the box suitable to hold the completed model would be nice.

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2019, 07:30:53 am »
Looks very nice but I suspect the price is going to put it out of reach of most wargamers, unless they just want to put one on the shelf and admire it. An invasion fleet might require a mortgage on the house!

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2019, 12:29:50 am »
I’m sure it will be a quality product, but I had thought that Rubicon was going to make resin / metal hybrid kits a thing of the past.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2019, 12:27:10 pm »
I’m sure it will be a quality product, but I had thought that Rubicon was going to make resin / metal hybrid kits a thing of the past.
Plastic injection moulds are too expensive for limited run items. You had to see our resin (and its metal parts) to appreciate the quality and efforts that we have put into the product. :D

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2019, 11:27:59 am »
It's totally understandable with a kit of this size; it would be crazy to do it in plastic.  But putting out resin / metal hybrids of more modestly sized subjects seems like a backward step. 

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2019, 04:12:22 pm »
It's totally understandable with a kit of this size; it would be crazy to do it in plastic.  But putting out resin / metal hybrids of more modestly sized subjects seems like a backward step.

Is this a hint towards the Italian tank? (different post and thread)
BTW, I agree with Pinky.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2019, 01:35:51 am »
I don’t see how it’s a backwards step? If anything it’s progressing and improving on resin?

It’s purely a investment vs return calculation. Will we sell enough of these to justify a plastic mould? No? Let’s do it in resin so people can still get hold it it.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

EarlyWarGamer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2019, 01:44:35 am »
I think it is hard to know how these decisions "could" play out if a different path is taken.

On the one hand, making an Italian tank in resin certainly turns away people who would have gone for a kit in plastic.  But that still leaves you with people who want that tank, and how badly do they want it?  Enough to get it in resin? Or will they wait? And because some sales will be made in resin, does that lower the potential market later for a plastic kit?

I am still happy to see Rubicon get behind the Italian forces, anc come out with something, even if it is resin. I would definitely get one in plastic, and replace my resin Warlord kit. But it would need to be a HUGE improvement over my Warlord version to replace one resin with a different resin.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2019, 06:00:17 am »
Have to had a Rubicon French tank in your hand? They’re bloody good!
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2019, 07:44:46 am »
IRC both French tanks and the car are Neufield ( Neufeld ? ) resin kits whose masters Rubicon picked up when Nuefield went belly up . The Car has been reworked by Rubicon's resin team and now has an interior ( seats /driver ) as opposed to the solid original . I was hoping Rubicon might pick up Neufields Otter personal carrier  ( used by UK , Canada  , Poles )as it was an excellent looking kit . No luck  finding it any where . The paper panzer tank is Rubicon's own if IRC , a very nice kit . I wonder if some of the Nuefield team now work for Rubicon ?