Author Topic: Year in Review & Looking Forward... RM/UK 180223  (Read 8576 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Year in Review & Looking Forward... RM/UK 180223
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:42:26 pm »

Last year had been a good year for Rubicon Models2017 had been a year of consolidation.  Together with the new Q4/17 releases which will ship next week, we have a total of 20 boxed products being released in 2017.  More importantly, we have concluded all our SdKfz 250/251 expansion sets and most of the M4 variants (except the M4A1) from our M4 Sherman Digital Library project.  We have also announced two new product lines, Scenic and Resin range, for 2018 releases.

2018 will be a year of expansion.  Following our success of Rubicon Models USA (RM/US) and her webstore for the dealer and direct sales support, we will be setting up a UK office shortly.  Like her USA counterpart, Rubicon Models UK (RM/UK) will have her own webstore and logistic support to serve customers in the EU region.  Besides serving our sales channels, we will set up a direct sales channel to handle products that cannot be sold through multi-tier sales network.  A separate announcement will be posted after our RM/UK office is up and running.

As for our design studio in Hong Kong, we are now taking in trainees and new equipment to help us to keep up with our work.  Diversification is the key to make our studio more robust and to establish ourselves as a product design powerhouse!

Only a few days into 2018, you have already seen us posted new updates on several awe-inspiring projects that we considered as game changers for the industry.  We will continue to refine our design skills and make even better products for years to come!  Please continue to support us with feedback and comments, and more importantly... buy more!

Thanks and stay tuned!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:12:10 pm by Rubicon Models »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Year in Review & Looking Forward...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 10:27:44 pm »
Over the course of the next few weeks, we will be showing you what new items will be available for Q1/18!
Here is a sneak preview...

Enjoy!
;)

somtec

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 10:58:19 pm »
i need those seated truck infantry

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 11:46:21 pm »
The tank riders look good.

The lollipop man will be interesting to paint, I am sure I will find a use for the guy pushing the bike.

Jimmy_P

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 04:06:17 am »

Tank riders look nice! No 222 though...?  :(

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 04:38:49 am »

These are the new blisters, rather than new box sets..

Jimmy_P

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 07:28:20 am »

These are the new blisters, rather than new box sets..

Ah, good point! Just wondered if it had delayed, being as we haven't seen any sprues yet and have seen them for stuff supposedly further behind in the schedule.

Intrigued about that motorbike stowage, is it likely to be plastic or resin?

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 11:29:40 pm »

They look great, but please could we have some bespoke passengers for your 251 kits, none that I've tried (Perry, WG etc) are wholly satisfactory :'(

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 12:03:45 am »
They look great, but please could we have some bespoke passengers for your 251 kits, none that I've tried (Perry, WG etc) are wholly satisfactory :'(

There will be 250/251 passengers coming... please check our Digital Sculpt post under WIP section.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Year in Review & Looking Forward... Updated 180115
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 08:10:50 pm »

It had been three years since the establishment of Rubicon Models as a design studio and a brand name. We have learned a lot over the period in terms of design & manufacturing techniques as well as sales & marketing. Really looking forward to 2018 as we are expanding our product range into pewter & resin with our new miniatures & scenery products.

Our US office is performing really well and is looking forward to the opening of our UK office later this year. We now have over 50 plastic military model kits and will add more to our current product range this year!

I have to thanks our Rubicon team (Hong Kong, US and the UK) for making my dream come true! Teamwork wins it all!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:12:40 pm by Rubicon Models »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Year in Review & Looking Forward... Updated 180115
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 01:10:59 am »
I see in the Facebook group your re doing the non skid pattern on the fenders of the Stug, . Are you also going to fix the vertical front plate on the hull ? The kit part should sit more vertical , yours has a bit of an angle to it . Now I admit it's not that obvious on the gaming table viewed from above , but it sure stands out on the shelf next to other Panzer III based vehicles . And since your going to release a new Panzer III tank   some time soon ( hope , hope ), it would be nice to correct all minor imperfections while you are in the redesign phase

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Year in Review & Looking Forward... RM/UK 180223
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 05:14:20 pm »

This is an announcement... the official incorporation of “Rubicon Models UK Ltd”. RM/UK, in short, will be responsible for the sales and marketing of our products in the EU as well as in the UK. RM/UK will also operate an online webstore as well as a warehouse to supply products to our EU/UK customers. Further information about how RM/UK operate will be announced at a later date. Stay tuned.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 07:22:57 pm »
Well done.

I know you said there would be further announcements, but will RM/UK have a presence at UK and the rest of Europe shows?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 08:17:05 pm »
Will RM/UK have a presence at UK and the rest of Europe shows?

Of course, we are already participating in local UK weekend shows even before the official RM/UK registration.  We will continue to show our presence in more shows across Europe!

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 09:25:46 pm »
Cool.

A pinned thread with shows being attended would be useful.