Author Topic: Using your Rubicon Models  (Read 6040 times)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Using your Rubicon Models
« on: April 01, 2020, 10:21:31 am »
What do you do with your Rubicon Models after they are assembled and painted?

EarlyWarGamer

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Using your Rubicon Models
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 10:25:07 am »
Assembled and painted?

I just push the box around the tabletop in solo games of Bolt Action.

Tell me more about this "assemble" thingy  :)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 05:42:33 pm »
Assembled and painted?

I just push the box around the tabletop in solo games of Bolt Action.

Tell me more about this "assemble" thingy  :)
Very good.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 10:16:30 pm »
When they aren't gathering dust and taking up space on my shelves , I tend to " play " with them by setting up in mini dioramas . I have enough loose crew figures , stowage pieces and infantry figures without bases that I can set up whatever scene I like . German infantry climbing over a knocked out KV , or a supply laden CMP , a column of 3 T-34s with tank riders , etc . For the most part I build my tanks with open hatches and  removeable crew , thus I can depict a vehicle in motion , or with the crew removed a knocked out or abandoned vehicle .

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 08:54:39 pm »
Usually game with them. Or make plans of a US armoured battalion in 1:56 scale. Almost there. Just need a plastic M24 Chaffee as j really can’t be bothered with the 15x resin ones I have.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 10:00:43 pm »
15 resin M24s ? Madness or buyer's remorse ? Sometimes the latest and great kit of something seems to lose its magic 2 years down the road when you get round to working on it , in that time much better detailed and easier to build kits have become available .....

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 12:19:11 am »
Currently I have two full companies of M4 Shermans and one full company of a M24 Chaffee.

One more company of shermans to go.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 05:31:30 am »
How big of a games table / board / Gym floor do you need to play with 3 companies ( how many per company ? ) of tanks ?

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 12:36:17 am »
I mostly play battlegroup. It would be easier to say what I cant do in 15mm. But as I'm a painter at heart I've up scaled to 28mm but sticking to eastern front but I have a hand full of Italians and US to play bolt action with a few friends I've managed steer away from 40k.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 09:50:03 pm »
17-18 tanks per company. Around 5000pts on bolt action.

I played one company of shermans on a 6x12 table

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 09:44:21 am »
17-18 tanks per company. Around 5000pts on bolt action.

I played one company of shermans on a 6x12 table

That would be sight to see.
Did you happen to take pictures?

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 03:05:07 am »
Somewhere. Possibly on my other phone. Will try and find some.

M4_RHINO_01

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 11:10:04 pm »
I don't play wargaming I just really like 1/56 scale models and rubicon models are very good quality. I was shocked at how nice my first kit the M4A3E8 fitted together and the level of detail and added extras like lots of storage bits :-) atm I have a bunch of tanks finished or mostly finished stored away safe from dust whilst I source bits to make some dioramas... lots of ideas just struggling to find what i need in the right scale

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2020, 01:22:09 am »
I've got about 70 built kits between Rubicons and Warlords , and I don't play either , just like to build models . I started in this scale as a distraction from the  500 piece track fatigue  of 1/35 kits with the idea I would build a Warlord T-34 for fun and give it to one of the guys playing Bolt Action at the hobby shop . And it was a fun build , so were the sprue of Russian troops I got from one of the guys . So I kept it and bought a few more , then Rubicon released their first kits , and I got some of those . My 1/35 stuff has been pretty much sidelined these past 4 or so years except for stealing parts to use in kit bashes or my egg tank builds . Really like the idea of 3 1/56 Shermans taking up the shelf space of one 1/35 scale one , that means more tanks , same amount of shelves , lol. Post  your builds in the forum and also let us know what your looking for as we might have spare parts  to give away / trade plus ideas and advice ( use at your own risk LOL )
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:24:00 am by ripley »