Author Topic: Various WIP  (Read 1179 times)

ripley

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Various WIP
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2017, 07:31:17 AM »
Still no work done on my tanks  ::) But my Russian Calvary is coming along quite nicely . They're a Perry Civil War Calvary / BA Russians kit bash . Vey easy to cut them up , the tricky part is finding   arms that don't make riders look spastic

This conversion will work with BA Japanese and German plastics as well , I had a few legless bodies around from various projects to test it on . My next project will be a horse transported anti tank rifle ( and an horse drawn  artillery piece , gonna have to buy more horses ::) )

ripley

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 08:53:01 AM »
Nothing much done in  1/56 lately except converting and painting more Russian tank crews and troops .( I really hate trying to make unique figures by combining plastic , metal and  resin parts )  Built a few tank kits , but they are the Meng World War Toons cartoon / egg type tanks . Scale is all over the place with these things . The  Tiger I being scale 1/35 wide but only half as long , the Tiger II turret is almost as long as it's  hull , so there's no driver hatches and only a partial engine deck .  And the Sherrman is 3 inches long and 2 inches wide and  looks funny  balancing on one wheel station . Of course I couldn't just build them out of the box . Various tools and tank bits from the parts box replaced kit pieces that irked me  ::) . And I completely replaced the Sherman toy like  track , sprocket , idler and road wheels with 1/35 scale Academy / Dragon parts , they fit perfectly   :) . They also have a  KV II out now ( IMO the AFV one is a much nicer kit ) , with a T-34 and a Panzer III N coming soon . Always nice to have a little fun hobby time for a change

Should be back to 1/56 later this week as I have some kits coming from NWS in Florida  , now that things are getting back to normal after their hurricane ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:55:02 AM by ripley »

ultravanillasmurf

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »
Cute.