Author Topic: A Synopsis on our M4 Sherman Kits 201226  (Read 5940 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
A Synopsis on our M4 Sherman Kits 201226
« on: December 26, 2020, 07:14:47 pm »
There are no other 1/56 scale model kit manufacturers that have such a comprehensive range of M4 Sherman variants in their product lineup.

Rubicon Models had spent 4 years building an M4 Sherman Digital Library to produce 8 plastic kits plus several resin conversion kits for the modelling and gaming communities.  Components on these plastic kits can also be interchanged to create even more historically accurate variants in a "mix-and-match" manner.  Here is a summary on what you can do with our M4 Sherman kits.

Enjoy!
;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 12:50:01 pm by Rubicon Models »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: A Synopsis on our M4 Sherman Kits 201226
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 03:03:12 am »
Thanks.

There have been some questions on the differential covers.

I cannot remember which covers are in which kits (I am sure the pointed one is somewhere - my guess is M4A3).

http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/differential/differential_covers.html

SheriffSherman

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: A Synopsis on our M4 Sherman Kits 201226
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 09:54:39 am »
Yes, the M4 kit requires one in order to build it as a large hatch high bustle 105mm tank.  All of those tanks were final production for M4 line, the all had late FDA cover with sharp nose.

The M4 hybrid requires it too, once the early small hatch hybrids ceased production all subsequent large hatch M4 hybrids had the late sharp nose FDA too.  It was also a final production model.

I don’t care that we didn’t get them in the kits, I just want to be able to buy resin final FDA as replacements for the kits that are missing them. 

The final FDA was not restricted to 76mm Sherman variants although ALL 76mm had sharp nose covers.  Many 75mm variants also had them.