Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

RSO/01 & RSO/03 Sprue Layout 210705

(1/4) > >>

Rubicon Models:
New Project for the month of June is the German Raupenschlepper Ost (RSO/01). Translated as "Caterpillar Tractor East" in English, more commonly abbreviated to RSO, was a fully tracked, lightweight vehicle used by the Wehrmacht. It was conceived in response to the poor performance of wheeled and half-tracked vehicles in the mud and snow during the Wehrmacht's first autumn and winter on the Soviet Front.

The RSO was contemporary with somewhat similar Allied full-tracked small artillery tractors in use in other armies (such as the Soviet STZ-5 "Stalingradets", and the US Army's M4 Tractor), mostly originated from the pre-war light to medium series of Vickers artillery tractors.

Enjoy!
 ;)

jamesvalentine:
As on Facebook I hope we get the box/ambulance body too.

thunderplunk:
Huh, nice! The 4-piece tracks are an interesting departure from form for you guys, and I'll be curious to see how they come out – certainly the previews look excellent.

ripley:
Interesting choice  of vehicle . The track looks great . I never really thought about building a RSO kit , but now I want one

EarlyWarGamer:
What a cool looking vehicle. Doesn't fit into my early war (I believe these did not see service until late 1943 onwards), but I still want one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version