Author Topic: Rubicon M5A1 WIP  (Read 2697 times)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Rubicon M5A1 WIP
« on: December 19, 2015, 06:46:00 pm »
The M5A1 and M8 kits are my current favourite Rubicon kits - they are great fun to build, and there is a lot of scope for customising and adding detail to them.  Here's my M5A1, which is still in the process of having stowage added to it (I'm waiting for the Allied stowage set). 

I removed the sandshields because most M5A1s lost theirs in service, and it shows off more of the suspension (which Rubicon did such a nice job of replicating).  The only issues I've had with the kit (and it might just be me) is that the hull hatches didn't quite fit without some minor adjustment, and the turret needs to be assembled very carefully to avoid gaps (hence the greenstuff).  I also found it helps to fill the gap along the top of the glacis plate where it joins the hull. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 11:31:51 am by Pinky »

smurfben

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Rubicon M5A1 WIP
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 08:01:39 pm »
I can second the joy of assembling this kit, although I'm yet to assemble my M5. I too needed to apply greenstuff to the hatch areas to fill in gaps though so do beware. Otherwise, it's a fantastic kit with bags of modelling potential!

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Rubicon M5A1 WIP
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 12:43:12 am »
I still have to get one of those, they look good.