Author Topic: Latest Releases  (Read 5220 times)

Eden10

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Latest Releases
« on: December 15, 2015, 11:34:09 pm »
Hi

Was there any news on when the latest batch of releases will be out, I believe December was mentioned but haven't seen anything on the PSC site where they usually go up for pre order.

Cheers

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Releases
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 01:58:47 am »
The original plan was second week of December, which is now!  Unfortunately the new release is going to be delayed by a few more weeks... probably mid to late Jan 2016!

The packaging had to be redone because of some issues with our new printer.  We are now mad as a hatter!

The printer that we had been using for the past year had relocated, and the factory had to appoint a new one.  Despite all the QC checks, the final commercial boxes are printed wrong!  Need to redo the boxes, we now need to find a new time slot for the packaging as well.  To our best efforts, the next free slot for the job is second week of Jan 2016!

We are currently negotiating with the factory for a more favorable time slot, but unlikely.  Very sorry about that!!

:(

Eden10

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 07:38:23 am »

Thats a shame, there not printed and packed in the UK though are they? as I would have offered to do them for you as I have my own printing company.

I printed the Donnybrook booklet for Barry Hilton and a Carlist War Scenario booklet All Honour is Lost.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 09:10:22 am »
That's too bad things have been delayed . But that gives me time to scrape up some extra cash for when the kits hit my local hobby shop . Guaranteed a $5 bill from my aunt for Xmas , been getting one every year for the past 45. Guess she thinks I'm still 10 years old  ::)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 10:13:10 am »
The printer that we had been using for the past year had relocated, and the factory had to appoint a new one.  Despite all the QC checks, the final commercial boxes are printed wrong!  Need to redo the boxes, we now need to find a new time slot for the packaging as well.  To our best efforts, the next free slot for the job is second week of Jan 2016!

That's bad news - the packaging seems to be a bit of a bottleneck for you, as you otherwise seem to be able to get your kits into production quite quickly. 

It's not like I don't have enough half-built Rubicon kits, but I really want the M8 and the M10/M36!

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 10:42:40 am »
We had been putting too much focus on the design and production of the kits.  Less attention on the commercial production side... something that we had learned to spend efforts on!

:(

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 11:07:54 am »
Well you set yourself a high standard with your packaging.  You could have gone for something cheap and shoddy, like a lot of other start-up plastic kit manufacturers...

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 04:21:01 pm »
Better good designed and the kits in the quality as they are then fast and chessy and nasty. You are on the right way!  :)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 08:46:31 pm »
Well I am happy to wait (plus I too have one boxed kit - T34/76 - still to start as well as the WIP III, T34/85 and Crusader).