Author Topic: A15 Crusader Mk. III.  (Read 3970 times)

Captain Blood

• Private
    • View Profile
A15 Crusader Mk. III.
« on: December 24, 2016, 06:40:05 pm »
Hi.

Just built and painted my first Rubicon kit. In fact, the first plastic AFV kit I've made in more than 30 years, since my adolescent fascination with Tamiya...

I went a bit too heavy on the initial wash, but on the whole, it's worked out okay. I'll know better next time :)

The tank commander is bodged from Perry plastics with a Green Stuff beret.

I fear I may now have acquired a taste for this AFV modelling malarkey... Oh dear...  ::)  lol

This is for use with my Perry collection, like these:

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: A15 Crusader Mk. III.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 09:39:41 pm »
An excellent paint job. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 12:10:02 am »
Looks great , the details really pop . I've you hadn't said , I would have thought it was the 1/35 Italeri kit , it looks that good ( or maybe you just have a good camera , lol )
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 12:11:58 am by ripley »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 10:52:14 am »
If this is what you can do after a 30 year break, I can only imagine what you'll be producing after some practice...

The Crusader looks very convincing - these tanks didn't get a chance to age much (so rust would be minimal), but the desert made them scruffy-looking very quickly.  I really like your figures - how long does it take you to achieve such superb highlights?

Captain Blood

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 04:22:31 pm »
Thank you :)

I really like your figures - how long does it take you to achieve such superb highlights?

Yeah, quite a while - I suppose it would work out to something like an hour per figure? Usually though, I paint batches of 5 - 10 figures at a time, and will paint those figures in many snatched sittings over the course of several days or a week or two.
I guess it's probably much like AFV modelling - you realise that patience and taking your time yields better results :)

My themed galleries on the Lead Adventure Forum showcase a lot of my work and collections - including my small WW2 gallery (which I aim to grow with some Rubicon Models and other vehicles).
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=577

Cheers.

Richard