Author Topic: King Tiger - Assembly Video 201106  (Read 67597 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: King Tiger - Preproduction Preview Video 201105
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2020, 01:34:35 am »
We have sent Steve Perry at our UK office a preproduction Tiger II for preview and he had kindly created a video about it. 

There is no box or decal sheet with the preview product although they are included in the retail kit which will be available soon. 

Please subscribe to our Youtube channel if you still have not done so.  Enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/O5diVzyTS5c

Enjoy!
;)

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2020, 08:41:25 am »
That was very nice.  Good to see what will be coming.  Also sparked the imagination on what could be done with this kit.
Or more accurately KITS.  Must have more than one.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2020, 03:13:09 pm »
An assembly-in-progress photo from Steve Perry showing details of the turret traverse gear, partial view of the interior, and the photo-etched (PE) parts integrating with the rest of the air-intake grilles.

Enjoy!
;)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: King Tiger - Assembly Video 201106
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2020, 11:44:46 am »
An assembly video on the Tiger II.  A third video on painting this big cat will follow soon!

https://youtu.be/9-aYuzepJEM

Enjoy!
;)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2020, 10:15:46 am »
I forget, was there going to be just a "gamer" version of this kit?

Ad

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2020, 06:42:44 am »
What a cool cat kit. It's great to see RM do the tracks asperate. If only they put the track details on the rear parts of the other tanks track like they did on the front side. At least the new panzer IV has some link detail on the track assembly.

I would like too see an upgrade set made for the Panthers, that have the link & length tracks and etched engin grill set, for those who want to have a super detailed model.
 Possibly the Tiger I could have an engine grill set made or even a full refurbishment in the future.
 I have not seen any comments yet regarding the resin tracks for the Tiger I`s but they look good on the shop page.

When I get a few King Tigers I would not need to build the internal parts of the model for a Wargaming piece. I have got some 1/48th T34`s from Hobby boss and they have a full turret and internal details that I did not build in the kit. If you can't see it don't add it.......unless you want a wrecked one with the turret blown off.