Author Topic: Trucks  (Read 26602 times)

Solosub

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Trucks
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 03:22:04 am »
Opel Blitz
Opel Maultier

323 and 353 trucks

Matador
Bedford

Morsleib

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 07:35:04 pm »
Opel Blitz
Opel Maultier

323 and 353 trucks

Matador
Bedford

Seconded

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 09:59:03 pm »
Trucks are relatively much easier to research and build.  Our concern is to keep parts and sprue count low.  This will, in turn, keep RRP low as well.

After we had completed all on-hand projects, we will start to look into trucks.  No promises though!
;)

Anfernee

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 02:57:25 pm »
I know after some of the boltaction.net guys have been putting together some resin Opel Blitz and pulling their hair out, a plastic kit to Rubicon standard would be a godsend.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 03:07:06 pm »
I know after some of the boltaction.net guys have been putting together some resin Opel Blitz and pulling their hair out, a plastic kit to Rubicon standard would be a godsend.
Which one is better in terms of tabletop use - Mercedes Benz L3000 or the Opel Blitz?  Probably same, but which is more popular?
Had not done too much research on the topic yet, still need to find more info about both!

Anfernee

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 06:04:11 pm »
I think the Opel Blitz is more iconic and a lot more were made. You could also use it as the base for a Maultier kit later on.

Laffe

• Private
    • View Profile
    • The Figure Fanatic Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 07:35:50 pm »
Apparently the Mercedes was more common in Africa. It did serve on all fronts but didn't stand up to the rigours of the eastern front. As others have said the Opel is more famous.

On the other hand, there's a Mercedes in Raiders of the Lost Ark  ;D

Apparently it's a mock-up based on a GMC truck... I think whichever truck you do will sell.

elcee

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 08:42:58 am »
Which one is better in terms of tabletop use - Mercedes Benz L3000 or the Opel Blitz?  Probably same, but which is more popular?
Had not done too much research on the topic yet, still need to find more info about both!
Blitz all the way. In fact Daimler Benz was produced the Blitz under license. The L3000 wasn't a real success so the production stoped in 42, the L701 production started in 43.
With the similarities you might do a Blitz with a L701 Einheitsführerhaus ("einheits"-cab). Except that the versions were identical. Otherwise you might add tracks for a Maultier ;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 01:12:02 am »
Much as I'd like to see a model of something like the Morris, I think the starting point should be a GMC 2/12 ton 6x6 and an Opel Blitz.  The GMC could come with both the enclosed and soft top cab, and the Opel could come with both early and late versions of the cab.  I think these would be the most useful models to start with.

Morsleib

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 01:17:01 am »
Much as I'd like to see a model of something like the Morris, I think the starting point should be a GMC 2/12 ton 6x6 and an Opel Blitz.  The GMC could come with both the enclosed and soft top cab, and the Opel could come with both early and late versions of the cab.  I think these would be the most useful models to start with.

Agreed.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 01:38:37 am »
As for trucks...

British - Morris
US - GMC 2 1/2 ton 6 x 6 - enclosed & soft top cab
Germany - Open Blitz - early & late cab

Notes taken!

;)

runtz5

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 09:42:34 am »
The Russians need a GAZ!

kenshin620

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 12:55:48 am »
Would trucks (and other utility vehicles) eventually lead to guns/artillery? Or is the latter a bit off the table for now. Not saying I want crew necessarily, but having trucks without guns to tow or make into SP guns is like toast without...marmite or something.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 11:02:25 am »
We have big plans and much to do with soft skin vehicles!  Now that our digital sculpting stations are all setup, we are now going through the familiarization process before any serious works are being done for studio production.

...just wait and see!
;)

Suetonius Paullinus

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 05:05:09 pm »
Now this sounds really exciting!
I certainly would buy a few Opels and GAZs.
Actually I'd love a Kübelwagen and Schwimmwagen box as well eventually.
Softskins make great additions on the battlefield :-)

Cheers

SP