Author Topic: Re: More Early War (1939-1940) & Spanish Civil War (1936).  (Read 4202 times)

WeRT

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: More Early War (1939-1940) & Spanish Civil War (1936).
« on: January 21, 2018, 09:02:11 am »
Whatever will be next I would love to see similar number of variants as we'll get with T-26.

1)
I would love to see "upgrade kit" to create Polish 7TP tank based on Vickers E suspension and same front part of the hull (also the same as T-26). I think all parts you'll need should take no more then 1 sprue. Both variants: with 37mm Bofors gun and twin turret mg's.

2)
Pz.I auf.B with Panzerjäger I, sIG 33 Bison and Kleiner Panzerbefehlswagen options. All of them had Pz.I auf.B body and different superstructure.

3)
Because I'm Soviet biased:
Of course once T-26 goes live there is a BIG potential for another soviet kit with less work. Like BT tanks.
BT-2 - will be nice but had different turret & wheels)
BT-5 - same turret as T-26 m1933.
BT-7 - really similar turret (or the same) as T-26 m1938
BT-7A - had T-28 turret with KT-28 gun. So once you made it you have 1 turret variant ready for T-28.
BT-42 - for BA Finland players
There was also BT-4 - same 2 turrets as T-26 m1931 but they stop after 3 prototypes. But hey! We already have turrets from T-26 ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:31:37 am by WeRT »

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: More Early War (1939-1940)!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 09:19:30 am »
I agree. I advocated for Fast Russians (the BT series) a little while ago. It's hard to imagine an early Soviet force without them. They were very numerous and to be found on the battlefield  throughout the war. Captured examples also used by the Germans and Finns.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 09:54:28 am »
Panzer I variants and the BT series , I'm in . They would be great in plastic . I hope that Rubicon produce them    ,one day , I really don't want to see Rubicon overextend themselves with a flurry of kits . What was the last count , something like 50 kits in the last three years ? And what a change in design and options in this last bunch of kits compared to the first few they made . Bolt Action cranks out kits and seems ( to me ) to adjust the game to fit the new vehicle . Rubicon don't have a game system of their own so IMO they should take their time and research their future releases . I would hate to see them implode from trying to do too much to so , as some game companies have done . That being said , I also want Panzer IIs !

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 04:53:36 pm »
Very early war stuff is useful for VBCW, the Soviets supply T26s to the Communists and Germany supply Panzer I and II to BUF.

A back conversion of the T26 to the Vickers E would also be useful.

Of course commercial viability is another matter.

I agree with Ripley that we don't want Rubicon to over extend themselves.

Jimmy_P

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 05:01:31 pm »

More EW would be great. Definitely agreed the BT series would be fantastic to have available in plastic.

Not sure the Pz1 has enough appeal to be worth the investment in a plastic kit? Pz II maybe does though, being in use for longer. Could just be bias as I'd buy a few zugs of Rubicon PzIIs!  :P

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 11:00:04 am »
I could see Rubicon going for a Panzer I at some point, and including the parts for the main variants such as the kleiner Panzerbefehlswagen and Panzerjäger I.  And a Panzer II kit could include parts for different versions as well as a Marder. 

I'm a big fan of early war armour as well, but I think the proponents of plastic kits for vehicles from this period have to accept that it's a lot to expect Rubicon to produce kits of vehicles which saw very short periods of service in one theatre.  While there is a market for later war vehicles which were historically insignificant (particularly if they are German), this isn't the case with the earlier stuff.  However, vehicles like the T-26 and Panzer I saw reasonably wide service, and have the added advantage of having been used in the Spanish Civil War. 

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:26:07 pm by Pinky »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 05:24:50 pm »
I suspect Rubicon will look at sales of the T26 to determine how popular early war vehicles are

WeRT

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 07:04:30 pm »
I suspect Rubicon will look at sales of the T26 to determine how popular early war vehicles are

You are absolutely right.

Not sure the Pz1 has enough appeal to be worth the investment in a plastic kit? Pz II maybe does though, being in use for longer. Could just be bias as I'd buy a few zugs of Rubicon PzIIs!  :P

I would love to see Pz.II too but... here is a problem:
With Pz.I you can build 4 variants using same suspension and mostly hull. If you release suspension from Pz.I auf.A you can get also Flakpanzer I.
With Panzer II Ausf.C suspension you will get Wespe (which isn't EW but i'm okey with it)
With Panzer II Ausf.D suspension you will get Marder II and Flamingo variant. But not Wespe
And once you'll tell "we're doing Pz.II" people will start asking and moaning about : "LUUUCCHHHHSSSS!!!!" which is totally different story.

For BA game purpose Pz.II is of course better choice. There is no doubt about it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:07:49 pm by WeRT »