Rubicon Models > Wish Lists

Re: More Early War (1939-1940) & Spanish Civil War (1936).

<< < (2/2)

Pinky:
I could see Rubicon going for a Panzer I at some point, and including the parts for the main variants such as the kleiner Panzerbefehlswagen and Panzerjäger I.  And a Panzer II kit could include parts for different versions as well as a Marder. 

I'm a big fan of early war armour as well, but I think the proponents of plastic kits for vehicles from this period have to accept that it's a lot to expect Rubicon to produce kits of vehicles which saw very short periods of service in one theatre.  While there is a market for later war vehicles which were historically insignificant (particularly if they are German), this isn't the case with the earlier stuff.  However, vehicles like the T-26 and Panzer I saw reasonably wide service, and have the added advantage of having been used in the Spanish Civil War. 

ultravanillasmurf:
I suspect Rubicon will look at sales of the T26 to determine how popular early war vehicles are

WeRT:

--- Quote from: ultravanillasmurf on January 22, 2018, 05:24:50 pm ---I suspect Rubicon will look at sales of the T26 to determine how popular early war vehicles are

--- End quote ---

You are absolutely right.

--- Quote from: Jimmy_P on January 21, 2018, 05:01:31 pm ---Not sure the Pz1 has enough appeal to be worth the investment in a plastic kit? Pz II maybe does though, being in use for longer. Could just be bias as I'd buy a few zugs of Rubicon PzIIs!  :P
--- End quote ---

I would love to see Pz.II too but... here is a problem:
With Pz.I you can build 4 variants using same suspension and mostly hull. If you release suspension from Pz.I auf.A you can get also Flakpanzer I.
With Panzer II Ausf.C suspension you will get Wespe (which isn't EW but i'm okey with it)
With Panzer II Ausf.D suspension you will get Marder II and Flamingo variant. But not Wespe
And once you'll tell "we're doing Pz.II" people will start asking and moaning about : "LUUUCCHHHHSSSS!!!!" which is totally different story.

For BA game purpose Pz.II is of course better choice. There is no doubt about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version