Author Topic: What's Warlord up to?  (Read 86582 times)

Jimmy_P

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 05:22:16 pm »
If it is derived from the PSC kit, then it is possible that the box contains components for both.

I've seen the sprues, it does look a lot like the PSC kit but definitely only has the parts for the 139.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:24:31 pm by Jimmy_P »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 05:10:52 am »
I've seen the sprues, it does look a lot like the PSC kit but definitely only has the parts for the 139.
Sprues here: http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/warlord-games-marder-iii.html

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 04:18:48 pm »
Well the mould makers know what it is.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 04:51:07 pm »
They’re repurposed. Not direct copies, but the 3d renders will be the same.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2018, 04:58:27 pm »
They’re repurposed. Not direct copies, but the 3d renders will be the same.
There are a lot more details (and parts), though no one noticed that the hull nose will not fit between the track units if they are glued to the hull tub beforehand. I have scarfed some of the rivet detail on the back of the sprocket covers. It needs to be fitted before the track units.

The superstructure sides (below the 139 sides)  are incredibly thick. They are hidden so it is not an issue.

[Edit: damn you autocorrect!]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:51:40 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2018, 08:02:19 am »
I appreciate the heads up about installing the hull nose before attaching the track assemblies.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2018, 11:35:25 pm »
I appreciate the heads up about installing the hull nose before attaching the track assemblies.

No worries if you do not install it before. It will be easier if you install before, but I can tell you from experience that if you install it after, it will go on just fine. You just have to slide it in a certain way to make things go easier.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:37:20 pm by Tracks »

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2018, 11:43:15 pm »
Not sure if this will help anyone, but for those that are interested, the hull sprue for the Marder III kit and the Panzer 38(t) kit are exactly the same.

Probably not, but I wonder if someday we will see a mixed kit. That is, a kit that will allow you to build either a Panzer 38(t) or the Marder III (SdKfz 139).

Image by ultravanillasmurf:

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2018, 12:03:46 am »
Probably not, but I wonder if someday we will see a mixed kit. That is, a kit that will allow you to build either a Panzer 38(t) or the Marder III (SdKfz 139).
It would seem to be a bit of a waste.

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2018, 06:49:32 am »
I saw it more as an initial platform for the many vehicles based upon the Panzer 38T.
First the 38T, then the Sd Kfz 139 Marder III, next the sd kfz 140/1 aufklärungspanzer 38(t).
With a sprue with a new super structure to make the Sd Kfz 140 Aus L.  Flakpanzer 38T with Flak 38.
How about a Sd Kfz 138 Grille?
So one Panzer 38t hull/track sprue and a variety of others by adding a unique upper super structure sprue.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2018, 04:13:19 pm »
There was the SDKFZ 138/1 Ausf H Grille that used the Panzer 38(t) tank chassis (the Ausf K used the front/ mid engine 138 Ausf M  chassis, same for the flakpanzer).

Of course they could do a 138 Ausf M, 138/1 Ausf K Grille, flakpanzer and APC kit, but would it have the necessary sales?

If they had not made such a hash of the box text etc, they could have done a real 138 Ausf H kit as well as the 139.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:15:33 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2018, 08:53:34 am »
The latest news letter shows a Hetzer Zug as a coming soon item . I hope Warlord  realize the Hetzer  road wheels are larger in diameter ( by 10 cm ) than the standard (t)38 tank wheels.  Judging the omissions on some of they're latest releases ,  probably not  ::)

johan

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2018, 09:52:15 am »
There will however be a AA version included based on the Bergehetzer.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2018, 11:59:32 am »
Berge Hetzer would be cool but why the AA version ? How many did they make , only 2 of them  ever found and photographed . Testing showed the gun couldn't depress to take on ground targets . Its thought that they might have been "homemade " by the Partizans who had control of the Hetzer factory , late war . Sort of just drop an AA ground mount into an open topped vehicle , and  add ammo boxes . Any one know of any more info on the Berge Hetzer AA ?

Interior Dragon 1/35 Berge Hetzer AA
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:06:25 pm by ripley »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2018, 06:08:28 pm »
The latest news letter shows a Hetzer Zug as a coming soon item . I hope Warlord  realize the Hetzer  road wheels are larger in diameter ( by 10 cm ) than the standard (t)38 tank wheels.  Judging the omissions on some of they're latest releases ,  probably not  ::)
Interesting, PSC only have OGH's Hetzer on their site and it is not in their pipeline (which is not saying much as they have forgotten to update it occasionally).

Does the newsletter have box art of models? Is it a joint Project with Italeri?

I suspect the Berge and flak options are trying to offer a reason to choose it over the Rubicon one.