Author Topic: The Panzer III Digital Library - Mid-War Panzer 200521  (Read 80338 times)

tschuma1498

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer III Digital Library - TS1 Plastic 190506
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2019, 12:03:40 am »
When will this kit be released?

Ad

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2019, 11:24:11 pm »
A very good looking kit.....but with so many variants I feel it should have been made into 2 New kits ,one for the early III`s and one for the J-M. One can't help thinking that apart from having vast amount of spare bits, You will end up with lots a waste plastic that will end up in the bin.
RM are too generous too please everyone, just think about the poor soul who has to draught the model instructions....

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2019, 04:14:56 pm »
It is being made into two kits though?
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2019, 04:42:13 pm »
Right now, we are looking at 3 product codes:

Early War - Ausf E, Ausf F (3 variants), and Ausf G (3 variants) - total 7

Mid-War - Ausf H (2 variants), Ausf J (2 variants), Ausf L (3 variants), Ausf M, Flammpanzer Ausf M, and Ausf N (2 variants) - total 11

Command & Communication - Ausf E, Ausf H, and Ausf J/L - total 3

Total possible variants = 21

That might still change depending on final production costs and other factors.
;)

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2019, 07:35:37 am »
After looking at the spruce layout for about the one hundredth time , I noticed that the rear idler wheel for the  early Panzer III E thru G track set , has only seven raised 'spokes' instead of the correct eight.  :-[

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2019, 10:31:48 am »
After looking at the spruce layout for about the one hundredth time , I noticed that the rear idler wheel for the  early Panzer III E thru G track set , has only seven raised 'spokes' instead of the correct eight.  :-[

I never really looked - was to excited I guess - but after reading H0ffmn's comment, I took a look at the picture of Sprue A. Yes, one track set has eight spokes and one has seven spokes! I did a quick check, and there seems to be eight spokes for both types of idler wheel.

Did Rubicon Models drop the spoke on this one? Seems like an obvious detail to overlook.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2019, 11:05:38 am »
Yup its a oopsie

Rubicon isn't the 1st model company  to screw up and they won't be the last . Hopefully there is still time to fix this without costing the company a lot of $ and down time . Monogram messed up the  road wheel spokes on their 1/32 Shermans and Lee/Grants back in the 70s ( 6 instead of 5 ), as well as the track . Unlike today , companies back then didn't fix their mistakes , we just had to make do . In fact the 2015 Revell version of those kits still has the wrong parts !

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2019, 01:38:13 pm »
@H0ffmn, thank you very much for pointing out the inexcusable mistake on the idler wheel.  We had spotted the error during our final QC process and thought the file was updated before mould making.  Guess we are not through enough to let this slip through...  We are now looking into a solution as we speak.  :(

Thank you again, everyone!!

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2019, 02:15:43 pm »
Rubicon, you're welcome. I hope this does not delay the release by too much

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2019, 10:15:24 am »
With good reason, Rubicon Models has commented in the past about concerns with sharing information about a new project they are working on. Yes, sharing project information can be bad thing, but it can also be a bad thing, and this is one of those instances that it was a very good thing.

That being said, it looks like the mold has already been made, so there is no easy fix. Not like the 75mm gun barrel issue with the Panzer IV - were they were able to just add the part to the mold.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2019, 11:20:37 am »
Hopefully they fix it . Can't see much sense in buying   Panzer III E - N kit  when you can't make a correct model of an E , F or G .

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2019, 11:22:14 am »
I also hope they can fix this issue because the main reason I will be getting these kits are for the early Panzer IIIs (Ausf.E/F/G). Would be vary nice to have the correct idler wheel than the incorrect one. I'm very curious how they are going to fix the mold.

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2019, 02:42:26 am »
I also hope they can fix this issue because the main reason I will be getting these kits are for the early Panzer IIIs (Ausf.E/F/G). Would be vary nice to have the correct idler wheel than the incorrect one. I'm very curious how they are going to fix the mold.

Photo shop

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2019, 04:33:05 am »

Photo shop
Boom tish!.....
He will be here all week....

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2019, 11:15:52 am »
Photo shop

Photo Shop? I know this software package well, and it can't fix the mold, but...
I don't get it... the joke that is. Please explain.