Rubicon Models > General Discussions

To Some - Size does matter!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: MRex21 on March 04, 2015, 11:08:14 pm ---I just discovered your models.  They are gorgeous!  I realize they are marketed to the historical side of the hobby, but I plan on picking up some for Dust Tactics.  How do they scale with Dust figures, that are listed at '28mm' but tend to be on the larger end of the spectrum?

--- End quote ---
Dust models are bigger (32mm?) even when compared that to other heroic scale WW2 miniature manufacturers.  But we have seen gamers using our tanks with Dust Tactics, some had even converted them too!

;)

Laffe:
Dust tactics figures are 1/48 scale, definitely larger than 28mm.

Vonsloan:
I think the only way to get away with using 1/48 and 1/56 on the same table and it look fine is if one country is all one scale and another country uses the other. Then the differences hardly notices and this can be a cheaper way to  add an army sometimes (quite a few cheaper Russian vehicles out there in 1/48th)
I wouldn't recommend buying one Sherman in 1/56 and another in same squad at 1/48th. It does look just wrong ;) (we so pedantic!)

Vonsloan
General Armchairs division...

Patrick R:
You can fudge with some models.  I've been using a 1/48th BA64 for ages now and nobody ever noticed it's oversized.

elias.tibbs:
The problem you have with heroic 28mm is that it's neither 1:56 or 1:48, so it'll either look a bit big or a bit small.

From memory it's around 1:52 for heroics, but I don't think it really matters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version