Rubicon Models > General Discussions

To Some - Size does matter!

<< < (3/3)

ultravanillasmurf:
In case anyone is interested, here is a scale comparison of one of the new British personality figures with a 28mm Crooked Dice figure (the ubiquitous William Killian).

Definitely a slighter build, a lot closer to the Perry proportions.

johnfarmer:
Hi Rubicon Models! 
I find your military models VERY attractive, but the odd scale unfortunately keeps me from buying any, have you considered releasing any (or preferable all) in scale 1/72, I for one would buy at least one of almost all the different models in your line,
(I think this scale will have a lot larger market than the 1/56.)

John Jensen

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: johnfarmer on January 25, 2020, 12:55:05 am ---I find your military models VERY attractive, but the odd scale unfortunately keeps me from buying any, have you considered releasing any (or preferable all) in scale 1/72, I for one would buy at least one of almost all the different models in your line,

--- End quote ---

There are just too many options and brands in the 1/72 market that do more or less the same thing as we do.  This is our third year experimenting with digital sculpting using 1/56 scale figures and templates, and we think we had finally found our holy grail.  Later this year we will preview some all-new figure sculpts to draw feedback and comments before moving into full-swing of releasing them.  Stay tuned.

;)

nheather:

--- Quote from: johnfarmer on January 25, 2020, 12:55:05 am ---Hi Rubicon Models! 
I find your military models VERY attractive, but the odd scale unfortunately keeps me from buying any, have you considered releasing any (or preferable all) in scale 1/72, I for one would buy at least one of almost all the different models in your line,

John Jensen

--- End quote ---

Do you appreciate that these models are targeted at wargaming - in which case 1:56 or 28mm is not an odd scale, particularly for skirmish or platoon size battles.

1:72 equates to 20mm, which is also a common wargaming scale, suited for larger armies, company or bigger.

Thing is there are loads of 20mm options out there.  Not saying that they couldn’t do a good job but they could work their socks off and their range would still be tiny by comparison.  Same with 15mm.

Best sticking with 28mm but my advice would be to avoid duplicating plastic models by warlord/italeri.   The 28mm range across all manufacturers is tiny so there is plenty of market for everyone so pointless directly competing by bringing out the same models.

Cheers,

Nigel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version