Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

Codename: Sherman 2016 - 3pc Differential Housing Conversion 210122

<< < (2/125) > >>

sandsmodels:
dear rubicon
I  have to say that as I have a vested interest in seeing variants I can do conversions on, but I would say this:-

1) m4a4, easy to make 2 main versions, 75mm and firefly, used by the british, French, poles and the usa as a flail and late war dd.
I can then make the crab flail, arv and various other conversion parts, hopefully making you sell more of them to people who want conversions.
2 )m4 hybrid, 75mm and firefly variants used by usa, gb, poles and French,
3) m4a1 early hull for desert (although the bogies are m3 type) and used by usa, gb, poles and French.
4) m4a2 early hull, used by the Russians, gb and usmc in the pacific and some conversion potential like dd, barv and some crab flails.

doing an early m4 like italeri/warlord is not imho, a good thing as it is just duplicating what is out and it is not a bad kit again imho, although getting supplies for my webshop is getting harder from italeri!
so that is my opinions on the matter for what they are worth.
I hope that helps

Rubicon Models:
Knowing that we can count on your guys on input.  A good number of resourceful advice too!  At this point, we are basically looking at options trying to improve our existing M4A3 kit, and then add on new components (hull / transmission / exhaust / hatches / road wheels & suspension / boogies / etc) to become new variants.

A lot of these components had already been done or half-finish, and it is time to look for the next step... Keep feeding us what you think is good.  We will screen through all your comments and come up with something that will match our production criteria; and hopefully create an even better product than the M4A3 & M10 kit.

Here is a good example of things that we have done behind the scene...

Another example is the 76mm turret.  Remember the one we had updated earlier?  We now have a 3rd generation 3D drawing based on actual blueprints & photos.  Will post that up for comments later on!

Thanks again!!

sandsmodels:
looks and sounds goo, btw, email sent

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: sandsmodels on February 18, 2016, 12:57:45 am ---looks and sounds goo, btw, email sent

--- End quote ---

Thanks Shaun, got your email.  It's 1am, so not going to reply until our production meeting towards the end of the week.

Being a small design studio with all the necessary equipment enable us to explore different aspects of design throughout the whole manufacturing process.  This also enable us to make last minute changes to drawings as well as to the actual mould (if required) before commercial production started. 

Customer feedback (even from a handful few) is important to us.  Thanks!

sandsmodels:
1am, working late then
the lengths we go to to make these models
will look forward to your reply
I am now off gaming tonight,
thanks
shaun

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version