Author Topic: Soviet SU Series Self-Propelled Gun - SU-100 Painted 190117  (Read 31384 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Soviet SU Series Self-Propelled Gun
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 06:16:11 pm »
  However, we will be doing a Soviet Stowage Kit in 2016, please wait.
With all the figure work you have been doing, any chance of tank riders in the Soviet Stowage set?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 10:08:49 pm »
  However, we will be doing a Soviet Stowage Kit in 2016, please wait.
With all the figure work you have been doing, any chance of tank riders in the Soviet Stowage set?

What do you think?  ;)

chrismanu87

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 10:46:49 pm »
@Rubicon Models he think about soviet infantry to place on the tanks, how they were usually to do

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 11:51:48 pm »
All, there isn't much to put on a Soviet Stowage set - may be some tarpaulins and rucksacks, and a two hand saw...

Soviets don't or rarely had stowage on their tanks... they won the war by numbers.  An average tank won't last too long, thus not much stowage on them.
;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 12:21:59 am »
How about suit cases , brass beds and pianos as stowage pieces ? ( I've even seen a US lend lease jeep on the back of a T-34 / 76 . )Just look at some of the pictures from Berlin late May 44 . Lots of stuff to send home to mum   :) . Most Soviet tanks had a cross cut saw , the odd shovel and pick , and the mandatory un ditching logs . That's about it except for a tarp . Some vehicles like the T-34 / 85 had a permanent place with tie down loops for the tarp on the rear face of the turret , others just stuffed it where there was room .  And although extra track links were carried , they were mainly for repairs , not extra armor like the Germans and other Allied tanks .  Soviet doctrine of the day  stated that they made the best tanks in the world for armor and fire power and to feel the need for a bigger gun or extra protection was a defeatist attitude , you didn't have faith in the State's products . Easy to say sitting back in some cabin on the Volga , a little more pressing in Berlin under fire from everything Jerry had left . And yes a few seated tank rider figures would be awesome !

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2016, 04:52:24 pm »
On the subject of bed frames, what about bed frame/mattress stand off armour?

That seems popular with modellers at the moment, the diminutive but incendiary Kiwi company even do an add on for their T34 models.

Okay, slightly off Soviet tank destroyer topic...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:54:56 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2016, 04:44:44 pm »
We are continuously refining our products.  We don't create and forget just like many other companies do!
Providing the best customer experience is as important as creating new products...

Enjoy!
;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:39:13 pm by Rubicon Models »

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2016, 04:56:19 pm »
Looks better  :)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2016, 08:34:15 pm »
The new sprues are much crisper in detail . As I have said before , it is really nice to see companies listening to customers by tweaking and upgrading their products . I could name quite a few in the 1/35 scale game , who despite years of asking for feed back , and getting it from noted experts in the hobby , still rerelease  the same rubbish kit . Well done Rubicon

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2016, 10:15:49 pm »
Good to see Rubicon taking the opportunity to upgrade this sprue.  This is why I think it's inevitable that they will re-do the Sherman tracks when that kit is revised...because they can.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:12:52 pm by Pinky »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 01:15:36 am »
Looking good.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Soviet SU Series Self-Propelled Gun - Updated 160412
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 01:53:34 am »
Here is the preliminary design of the 280034 SU-85 / SU-122 decal sheet.

Based on the first "Generic" Soviet Tank decal sheet, we have updated the following:
- all the regiment symbols
- all new tank slogans
- all new tank numbers (various sizes)
- added new insignia, including Poles and Czechs

>>> IF you have any comments on this decal sheet, please do so BEFORE Apr 15 (Thursday) before we send them to print!

Enjoy!
;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2016, 08:46:22 am »
They look pretty good . I'm not sure if the Czech three color circle is WW2 or post war , my SU books are Polish  ;D  All I can think of that you might add is a white stripe for the SU-85 , as seen in Berlin 1945 . Personally I would like a set with individual numbers - 1,2 , 3 , 4 , up to 9 ,0 .in a couple of Russian style scripts . If I'm going to field a platoon  of these  , they should all be numbered alike  - 433 , 434 , 435 , 436 , etc . You get the idea . Maybe you could bundle your various Russian decal sets ( T-34 , SU ) and a decal sheet of numbers as a set for sale, like  your going to do with German decals . Any idea when this kit will hit the stores in Canada ?

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 03:05:46 pm »
Can I echo Ripley about the numbers.

The German sets have sequences of numbers which make platoons easier to fit out (though I have had issues getting them to bed nicely onto Zimmerit even with Decalfix).

Plain "cyrillic" style number sets would be useful, I have some Russian and Tazbekistan models that need numbers, though I suspect I might have to hand paint "The Mighty Ibex" on the latter's vehicles

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2016, 11:03:52 pm »
I'm not sure if the Czech three color circle is WW2 or post war , my SU books are Polish

Yes, it was.  It was adopted by the 1st Czechoslovak Tank Brigade in 1945 when it reached Czech soil, and painted on the forward side of the turret.  The large, soft-edged 3-digit numbers included on the decal sheet were painted on the turret.  However, they don't seem to have used SU-122s or SU-100s.

I agree that individual numbers would be very useful for models intended for wargaming.