Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

UVS models: Salute 2021 11/12/2020

<< < (2/109) > >>

Pinky:
It's the louvres nearer the turret which are wrong.  Here's how the engine deck should look:

ultravanillasmurf:
Thanks for the picture.

Looking at the model, the air filter, the etched item in your picture (that is what I assume it is) is higher than the cover, but only just, which makes access difficult. Not having a  millling tool, it will require scalpel work at a very limited angle from the front (the top of your picture).

I ended up looking at the PSC site for a deck picture, my limited library did not have any deck pictures, and I only have the late war Barford book (my lazy look up book) which uses the III for the what it is page but no overhead view, though it does have the Stug.

I think I will put this to one side while I complete the Crusader and the post war T34 and return to it later.

The T34 has some turret shape tweaks to better match the IWM example.

Pinky:

--- Quote from: ultravanillasmurf on December 05, 2015, 06:13:51 pm ---Looking at the model, the air filter, the etched item in your picture (that is what I assume it is) is higher than the cover, but only just, which makes access difficult. Not having a  millling tool, it will require scalpel work at a very limited angle from the front (the top of your picture).
--- End quote ---

No, I'm talking about the rectangular armoured louvres, not the air intakes.  If you look at the Rubicon Panzer III, it has a row of 4 louvres across the deck, while the (correct) model above only has 3.

The Crusader looks very nice - I haven't seen the kit assembled.  Mine will be the AA version.

ultravanillasmurf:
Hi, sorry I have been off grid (work...).

The air filters are higher than the cover that needs to be removed, so access is either from the turret space or perpendicular to the cover, as I lack a milling device it would be the former.

The Crusader went together nicely, the only problem is the turret half joins, it needs to be perfect before gluing, as those rivets make post gluing clean up difficult.

More spare track pieces would be nice, Pinky's picture shows additional pieces.

There will be an AA one next.

ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: ultravanillasmurf on December 15, 2015, 01:55:33 am ---The air filters are higher than the cover that needs to be removed, so access is either from the turret space or perpendicular to the cover, as I lack a milling device it would be the former.

--- End quote ---
Of course if anyone has any ideas on alternative methods that would be helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version