Author Topic: "Berge" sets ?  (Read 4339 times)

Patrick R

• Cadet
    • View Profile
"Berge" sets ?
« on: August 26, 2015, 03:09:22 am »
How about doing a few conversion sets to modify current available models into berge-, ARV and other recovery models ?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: "Berge" sets ?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 08:24:17 am »
S & S Models already do  Sherman ARV , Sherman Dozer Blade , Cromwell ARV and Bergepanzer III  metal /resin detail parts  to add to 1/56 scale kits , so those are covered . While I admit the more companies making detail kits the better  for the modeler , it might be better for Rubicon to continue on their program of full kit releases , as well as their 251 up grade kits . A dedicated Berge Panther kit might be possible by retooling the Panther , and adding drivers compartment , transmission , winch box , lift  gear as well as optional rear spade . But I can see a lot of research and redesigning will be needed , and that adds to Rubicon's costs and will take time . I can't wait , I'm just going to kit bash my own  :)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 10:09:01 am »
Patrick R, as a modeller, we would definitely like to see rare variants released.  But as a startup company, this is a detour away from our core product development.

As ripley had stated, companies like S&S Models, had released conversion kits to compliment our product line which we found it extremely helpful.  Our goal is to release what we called "base kits" with the most common variants, and let customer build on top of what we have designed.  A good example is the SdKfz 251 with the upcoming releases of several expansion kits from us!

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:16:11 pm »
I agree, better rubicon sticks to the main vehicles as sales of the specials would be far lower to make financial sense.
looking forward to seeing what we can do with the new releases
shaun
s&s models

Shark in Exile

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 05:05:01 am »

Hoping S&S do the parts for a BergeHetzer varient to be produced.

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 02:08:37 am »
well you never know what we may come out with 8)
good suggestion though