Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

The Great Crusade

(1/11) > >>

06/24:
Rubicon Models Kubelwagen and Jeep - work in progress by Jon Gwinnett, on Flickr

Rubicon Models Kubelwagen and Jeep - work in progress by Jon Gwinnett, on Flickr

Tracks:
06/24, looking good. I have even notice the front wheels  ;)

One thing I would like to mention is about the spare wheel on the Kubel. Have a look at the added notes in the assembly instruction section linked here:

http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=811.0

06/24:
Thanks, it makes sense, I seem to recall the DAK version of the Tamiya1/35 kit had a taller mounting, so it’s logical if this does duty for both types it should be trimmed back. Should be easy enough to do. The wheels will look better once the hubs are painted, as will the ones on the Jeep, but I need to be in the right frame of mind before doing detail painting!

06/24:
Apart from the tow hook (added by its US captors in my imagination!), I added one other item to the base kit, a representation of the fuel tank behind the passenger side dashboard.

It’s just a length of round sprue cut to fit. The US driver came from the Jeep, with an arm from another of the Jeep figures, and some minor modifications to make him fit. He still needs a head!

06/24:
Thanks to Tracks for the suggestion - now modified

1/56 scale Kubelwagen by Jon Gwinnett, on Flickr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version