Author Topic: Armor For North Africa?  (Read 5281 times)

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Armor For North Africa?
« on: December 20, 2014, 12:49:26 am »
On your homepage under products,you have tabs for France,Japan and Italy.Do you plan on doing any releases for early/mid war?An Italian M-13/40 with a Semovente option would be great,along with any other vehicles that were used in North Africa

Patrick R

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Armor For North Africa?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 01:50:36 am »
I second all suggestions for North Africa (Axis and Allies)

Sejmitar

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 05:05:06 pm »
Yes, North Africa!

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 12:05:05 am »
Panzer 1 & II would be great

MassRager

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 09:47:50 am »
P 1 & 2 would be awesome, what about a Kubelwagen ???

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 11:59:10 am »
Rubicon's single piece tracks would would very well with the Panzer I and II - there's almost no loss of detail on vehicles like these with narrow tracks and single roadwheels.  But they've explained that there are issues with small vehicles like these.  One answer would be to keep them quite simple - it would theoretically be possible to fit a Panzer I or II on 1 sprue.  And maybe provide 2 (or 1 of each) in one box.

Rubicon have also said they are re-doing the Panzer III and IV, including early versions.  That will provide the most important DAK tanks.  So we'd really be hoping for some Italian armour (such as an M13/40 + Semovente kit) and at least 1 more British tank, such as a Matilda or Valentine.  Warlord have just released the M3 Stuart, so there's no need for Rubicon to do one.  Rubicon would in any case probably be better placed to keep focusing on soft-skins (such as unarmoured German half-tracks) and light AFVs (such as armoured cars).  These were important in the North African campaign, and I think they are proving to be winners with both BA gamers and modellers. 

Marcin

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 06:41:07 pm »
I also vote for North Africa Models. M3 Lee/Grant & Matilda for allies and Pz.Kpfw. I & II & IV E/D for axis would be awesome :-)
"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." - G.S. Patton