Author Topic: Small Arms and Equipment Sets  (Read 3245 times)

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Small Arms and Equipment Sets
« on: July 10, 2020, 11:54:46 pm »
Rubicon,
   Do you think it would be worthwhile to make and sell small arms and equipment sets for the main combatants and their allies? They're aren't any sets out there of rifles,sub-machine guns, or light machine guns, aside from a small pewter set.
  I was building a plastic  M-3 Stuart, and compared the 1919 light machine gun from that kit to your Allied equipment set's 1919. There are some differences as far as size. With a weapons and equipment set, one could standardize the light machine guns on their kits, even from different manufactures.
  On pictures of tanks in the field, besides blankets,tarps, boxes and fuel cans, you see sets of canteens strung across the turret, breadbags and infantry packs in close reach in case the tank has to be abandoned.
  One could also use field equipment in conversions of existing infantry sets. One could use French leather ammo pouches,French canteens and French weapons to convert either the Warlord 8th army or Commonwealth set into Free French. I've read of people using the Warlord Japanese infantry sets and converting them into World War One German infantry.
 What do you think?.

not.a.PJ

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Small Arms and Equipment Sets
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 03:12:11 am »
I would definitely be interested in something like this both to add to my vehicles and to customize my Rubicon and Perry infantrymen.

Sprues full of canteens, e tools, mattocks, hatchets, haversacks, musette bags, GP ammunition carrying bags, individual ammo cans, bangalore torpedoes, satchel charges, and other related items in the same size as the rest of the Rubicon figures would be great. I have a bunch of this stuff from Warlord but it's too big to use.

Captain Blood

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 07:23:31 pm »
These would be a very nice and useful addition to the Rubicon catalogue. Great for dioramas, kitbashing, and additional set dressing for Rubicon vehicles and figures.

Dragonstriker

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 10:23:50 am »
I’d also request this.
It’s the kind of product frequently requested in many genres and game milieus but rarely available, often with the reason “it just won’t sell”; if that were true it wouldn’t be so common a request, nor would businesses like chapterhouse studios and puppetswar exist.