Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Work In Progress / Re: Production Schedule - ALL Project Updates 210507
« Last post by H0ffmn on May 04, 2022, 06:31:22 am »
I 'm not on Facebook,  but I am able to see Rubicon's posts on Facebook,and go there frequently to see the upcoming kits they are working on. I just would like to see an updated production schedule if possible.
« Last post by ripley on May 03, 2022, 09:11:23 am »
 latest Facebook post about 9 hours ago , plastic Sarahanna (sp ?) Italian armoured car used in desert  (plastic ) . Lots of Viet Nam models shown , US / VC troops ,  M113 , T-35/85 with starfish wheels , Panzer I - tank and command version .  Not much love for their own web site I guess . Then again most hobby sites I view are way down on viewers / commenters .
« Last post by H0ffmn on May 03, 2022, 08:18:43 am »
I think you're right.i don't  see much posted on Facebook either though.
« Last post by Captain Blood on May 03, 2022, 02:15:47 am »
I think they’ve pretty much given up on this forum to be honest. Rubicon don’t seem to post here any more. I think they find Facebook reaches a wider audience. Pity, but I suppose there’s only so much time in the day…
« Last post by H0ffmn on May 02, 2022, 06:07:15 am »
Hi.
    Any chance of updating the production schedule??
                Thanks,
                         Mark
Official Assembly Instructions / Re: 280029 M10 / M36 Tank Destroyer
« Last post by Tracks on March 15, 2022, 10:03:07 am »
I also wanted to use both turrets.
I'm just as stubborn as cptjake, but to lazy to convert the turret to fit, so I just used my Rubicon Models M4A3 Sherman hull. Depending on which turret to use, I can have either the M4A3 or M36B1.

Some notes to make:
1) A lot of combat photos and footage I have see show the tank without the muzzle break. Removing the muzzle break was very easy, and scratch building the collar ring wasn't that difficult. However, I even didn't bother with the fine threading at the end of the barrel in front of the collar ring.

2) The kit does not include crew. The crew figures are plastic and converted from various other figures from Rubicon Models plastic kits.

3) I used a brass pin so the HMG actually swivels. I didn't have to do that, but it was pretty easy, so why not? Also, it can be removed for easier storage and transportation to games. I use these models for tabletop gaming.

M10 and a M36:
I do have another M10 kit, and when I get around to putting that one together, I will do the same thing that cptjake did. Thanks for the good idea cptjake.
Work In Progress / Re: Project of the Month - Dec 2021 - M3 Lee & Grant
« Last post by Tracks on March 08, 2022, 01:06:29 pm »
I wonder if Rubicon Models will also have a truck version of the M3 Medium tank.  ;D

LOL
Seriously though, I also noticed that there is a growing interest in the M3 lately. Even USTAR (a Japanese company) will release a plastic M3 tank. However, that one will be 1:144 scale, and Takom's recent M3 kit is a 1:35 kit.

I think a lot of miniature gamers and some hobby modellers will be really looking forward to the new M3 Medium tank that Rubicon Models is planning to release. I predict that this new kit will be a good seller for them.
General Discussions / Re: any release date for the cent?
« Last post by sandsmodels on March 01, 2022, 09:01:43 pm »
hi yes indeed
sorry for the reply time
email would be better
thanks
shaun
General Discussions / Re: any release date for the cent?
« Last post by Ursus Maior on February 23, 2022, 05:51:12 pm »
Shaun, would that be your "Centurion 105mm conversion kit" I'd need to order for a Rubicon Centurion kit?
Official Assembly Instructions / Re: 280108 SdKfz 10 Half Track, Prime Mover
« Last post by Tracks on February 23, 2022, 02:24:21 pm »
Another fantastic plastic model kit from Rubicon Models. That being said, I was somewhat surprised that there isn't a modeller or miniature gamer option for installing parts A26 and A27 - that is, drilling holes (or not) for these parts. Instead, if you do not want to add the breakable parts, the holes need to be filled in. No big issue, but something I noticed compared to their other kits.

This kit goes together wonderfully, but for those that have not assembled this kit yet, I recommend looking at assembling parts A18, A20, and A09 before a few of the parts from Steps 4 to 7. It's not a big issue, but for some modellers it might make it a little easier to assemble (and align).

Again, this is a very nice kit!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10