Author Topic: Panther  (Read 2219 times)

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Panther
« on: March 19, 2020, 09:52:52 pm »
Been very busy with commission paint work so had little time to get onto my Rubicon pile haha, but managed to squeez in one of my Panther kits. 2nd attempt ever at ambush pattern, Although im not even 90% happy with the out come its a hall of alot better then how it came out on my 1/72 scale Puma some years ago....practice will make perfect I guess.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Panther
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 07:16:07 am »
That turned out nice . Did you research a specific unit for the pattern and decal placement ? I think the  cross might be a little large  when compared to photos

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: Panther
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 09:03:50 am »
A little research. Going up against a friends winter bulge US army at some point. I i know the 1tth Panzer were there but were moved over to the east at some point. I was in half a mind to white wash and chip at one point thinking to blend the ambush patter with a white wash? i ofc didn't, my understanding that by 44 whit washing the tanks was rare?

Yes the cross is a little big. It was taken from the rubicon panther decal sheet where as the 11th insignia was taken from a panzer 4 J decal sheet. The choice of crosses was either the larger or smaller, i decided to go bigger. didn't bother me too much tbh