Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

Jimmys WIP Thread

<< < (7/7)

Jimmy_P:

Forgot to mention, have been doing a few bits for my DAK since including (finally!) the SdKfz.250/3 and Rommel. The expansion kit is great and really shows how far the Rubicon crew figures have come on!

On a more serious note, how should I paint the interior? Am I right in thinking the (visible) parts of the halftrack interior should just be painted the same as the outside?

ripley:
Nice work on the Hellcat .  The 250 could have been sent to Africa painted inside and out sand yellow or  German Gray. If Gray  it would get a repaint there . Pictures show both sand interior as well as gray . I guess it just depended on how soon the vehicle was put into action after it landed . When they cammo painted late war stuff ( Tiger II ) they painted over tools and tow cables , guess they were in a hurry . Heres a couple of pictures of 250s ,one with gray interior and one ( collector's vehicle ) painted in and out sand

Pinky:
Photographs indicate that the interior of dark grey vehicles was not repainted for service in North Africa.  Any vehicles with a dark yellow interior would have left the factory that way following the changeover from dark grey to dark yellow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version