Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

Jimmys WIP Thread

(1/7) > >>

Jimmy_P:
Thought I should probably start one of these; got a few bits on the go at the moment - foremostly the Warlord M18 which I'm hoping to add the Rubicon TD crew to, would really appreciate some thoughts on that once I've taken a few photos of it.

Until then thought I'd upload some of my previous Rubicon builds, nothing particularly exciting, all pretty average tabletop standard but a bit of a mix of different things. Oh and please don't pay any attention to the water pot I use for painting, I've had it for a long time!  ::)

ripley:
Very nice . Tiger looks really good , Whats the octopus decal on the Panther turret ? I don't recall that SS Panzer Division lol

Jimmy_P:
Thanks! Ha, I'm afraid the Tesseract-power Panther is based on the HYDRA Panzer Divisions (circa 1945)... :P

So, taken some photos of the Hellcat. The internal detail on the turret is actually really nice in this kit, though weirdly thats part of them problem... possibly I'm overthinking things, but as you can see into the turrent (and out the bottom) to me I think it's going to be pretty obvious that the crew figures are missing their lower extremities...

Perhaps once properly assembled and painted it won't be too obvious, but I'm not convinced of that. Don't know if anyone else has built this kit but I struggled to find any decent pictures online of how it looks once completed (with crew). Plus it's missing one crew member anyway. So I was hoping to use the Rubion crew to add the third crew member and/or replace some of the existing crew. Having done a bit of research, I put one of the rubicon TD crew on the gunners seat. With the breech etc and the extra crew body filling the turret space, I hoped it would mean you couldn't really see/notice that the crew were only part-figures.

I think it works okay with the loader but the tank commander is still pretty obviously missing the bottom part of his legs. Not sure whether to replace him with another of the rubicon ones and have him sitting lower in the turret, behind the gunner? Assuming that I've got their positions in the turret right!

Or perhaps try and use some plastic US infantry to "donate" some legs for him (might end up doing both options in different Hellcats - have another two to build after this one). Any thoughts or other ideas?

ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: Jimmy_P on April 16, 2018, 08:48:09 pm ---Thanks! Ha, I'm afraid the Tesseract-power Panther is based on the HYDRA Panzer Divisions (circa 1945)... :P

--- End quote ---
That is not historical, as everyone knows Hydra used FV432s brought back through time from the British Army sell off ^___^.

Nice engine glow effect.

ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: Jimmy_P on April 16, 2018, 07:21:32 pm ---Oh and please don't pay any attention to the water pot I use for painting, I've had it for a long time!  ::)

--- End quote ---
More pictures of the water pot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version