Author Topic: New Resin Track Links - Tiger I Options 180328  (Read 8880 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: New Resin Track Links - Tiger I Options 180328
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 02:19:12 pm »
Really can't see an easy way to replace  track on  already built kits ( liquid glue / super glue / lots a glue  ::) ) , not to  mention trying to match  paint , weathering and ground effects  ( dirt / mud / scatter ) on the tracks . But this will be great on any new kits I build . I wonder how long before we see these in the stores ?
Unless you used Revell glue ^__^.

I agree this would be for new kits.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2018, 04:56:01 am »
I was thinking about making a Revell comment, but thought better of it! After the abuse I got on the Facebook page.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 09:26:50 am »
That will teach you to post on FB.... ;)

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2018, 09:52:19 pm »

I look forward to seeing the resin tracks, they look great. My only concern is that such long & thin components in resin can quite easily become distorted, whether from de-molding too early (before the curing's complete) or prolonged pressure in packaging - obviously you need these components to fit precisely. That said, I don't doubt that Rubicon have taken that into account & have considered ways of minimising the problem.
 Funnily enough, the first Rubicon model I bought/made (a Panther G) was glued together with Contacta & so far it's still in one piece - though that could be as much to do with the layers of paint & varnish.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2018, 10:52:03 pm »
I think Rubicon's resin tracks will be well cast. 

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2018, 01:42:41 am »
Having seen their resin kits today, I don’t think you need to worry about casting.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament