Author Topic: Anti-Tank Guns produced by Rubicon Models.  (Read 4585 times)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Anti-Tank Guns produced by Rubicon Models.
« on: May 08, 2018, 05:25:46 pm »
I finally got a PaK38 kit! It took some doing, but I finally got one! I wanted two, but one is better than none.  ;)

I also got one more Pak36 and two more Pak40 kits. I plan to replace some of the metal Pak40 miniatures I have. These new plastic Pak40 AT-Guns from Rubicon Models are pretty nice.

I hope Rubicon Models releases more AT-Guns. And not just German AT-Guns, but also American, British, French, Soviet, and others. The one Rubicon Models Kit I would like to see very soon would be the 57mm/6-Pdr AT-Gun used by the American and British forces.

There is great potential for a 57mm AT-Gun M1 AT-Gun / British QF 6-Pdr AT-Gun kit because the same sprue for the AT-Gun can be setup with the needed bits and parts to build either the American or British gun. They were pretty much the same except for a few little differences. Parts can even be included so that an airborne version can be assembled.

As for crew, separate American and British crew sprues can be offered to make two different AT-Gun kits. This would be just like what Rubicon Models did with their Jeep. The Willys MB ¼ ton 4x4 Truck (Commonwealth) and the Willys MB ¼ ton 4x4 Truck (US Standard) plastic kits have the exact same Jeep sprue, but different sprues for the driver/riders. Same can be done with the AT-Gun kits in that the same AT-Gun sprue can be used to make:

1) American AT-Gun - US 57mm M1 (with option for Airborne version).
2) British AT-Gun - QF 6-Pdr (with option for Airborne version).

However, what to do about airborne crew? These might need to be separate kits altogether.

1) American AT-Gun - US 57mm M1
2) American Airborne AT-Gun - US 57mm M1
3) British AT-Gun - QF 6-Pdr.
4) British Airborne AT-Gun - QF 6-Pdr.

The AT-Gun gun sprue would be the same for all four kits, so it would only be the crew figures that would be different. Would four choices be to many? Because of the different uniforms, a simple head choice is not possible. Regardless, there is a lot of potential here.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:17:37 pm by Tracks »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Anti-Tank Guns produced by Rubicon Models.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 09:39:57 pm »
I would expect something similar to the Jeep, a British Infantry crew and gun, and an American infantry crew and gun. Optional Eighth Army, British Airborne and US Airborne(?) crews, preferably in plastic. Wikipedia has it with a six man crew, so multi crew in a pack is unlikely (saying that Bolt Action V1 has a three man crew).

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 12:36:28 am »
V3 should be different for crews and teams ;)
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 12:56:32 am »

Somehow had a feeling that whatever we have in our product range will get nerfed, lol... #jokingmode

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 04:06:59 am »

Somehow had a feeling that whatever we have in our product range will get nerfed, lol... #jokingmode

It doesn't mater if you have loyal followers.

Here is an example of one of the metal Pak40 German AT-Guns I plan to replace with Rubicon Models plastic Pak40 models.

I got some metal US 57mm AT-Gun M1 AT-Guns just waiting to be replaced by Rubicon Models plastic kits.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:08:33 am by Tracks »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 07:39:51 am »
I guess Warlord had to even out the number of guys in a gun crew to balance the points / dice   . I like my guns to have the proper number of crew figures , even if half of them are really only " scenery " .

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 02:57:22 pm »
I am hoping this is a joke and we are not getting into Great Womble "refresh" rates...

Saying that, I only have Sealion from version 2.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 06:26:51 pm »
I guess Warlord had to even out the number of guys in a gun crew to balance the points / dice   . I like my guns to have the proper number of crew figures , even if half of them are really only " scenery " .

This is why I have extra gun crews to add to my AT-Guns. For example, there are two more crew (not pictured) for the Pak40 pictured above. They are based individually and I can add them when needed - a Pak40 has six crew (5 crew + Junior Leader) for Chain of Command.

The wonderful thing about the Rubicon Models Pak40 kit is that each kit has six crew. The Pak36 and Pak38 kits each have five crew.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 03:14:40 am »
I am hoping this is a joke and we are not getting into Great Womble "refresh" rates...

Saying that, I only have Sealion from version 2.

Still a couple of years to go, so don’t worry ;)

There will be a US armoured infantry list out soon which has mortar and MMG squads, not teams.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament