Author Topic: Anyone for a Convenantor Tank?  (Read 2020 times)

Casper

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Anyone for a Convenantor Tank?
« on: November 11, 2020, 02:07:06 am »
Ok so I'm guessing I could be in a minority here?!  But I'd love a Convenantor Tank either plastic or resin but models kits seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo. None in 28mm. I know they only were used as training tanks but I fancy one for my OP Sealion Homeguard force.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone for a Convenantor Tank?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 10:12:50 am »
A British Covenanter Tank (A13 Mk III or Cruiser tank Mk V) would be nice as its an early to mid war tank.
However, except for a few trial vehicles sent here and there, the Covenanter tanks were never deployed outside the British Isles - the bulk being used for home defense. So, this makes its usefulness for the gamer pretty limited.

That being said, before the Covenanter tank, I really truly hope that Rubicon Models puts the time, effort, and resources into making an M3 Medium Tank first. This is one allied tank that is sadly missing for the gamer. Yes, there is a resin one available, but if Rubicon Models released a plastic model kit of the M3 Medium, it will be the only plastic model kit of the M3 Medium Tank in 1:56 scale. And Rubicon Models as a good reputation of releasing very good plastic model kits. Also, we can already predict that it will be an M3 Medium Tank kit that would have the choice of being built as either the Lee or Grant.

Rubicon Models already has many of the working parts for an M3 Medium (Lee/Grant) after they finished their early M4A1 (Sherman), but I just hope they jump on this opportunity sooner than later before some other model company tries to slip one in. I'm sure Italeri will make a good plastic model example for the gamer, but my desire is for Rubicon Models to jump on this project first and beat everyone to the home plate.

I get the impression from older forum posts that I am not alone on this topic.