Author Topic: Showcasing my work - models used for gaming.  (Read 18112 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Showcasing my work - models used for gaming.
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2018, 01:31:28 am »
They are very nice.

I used Rubicon numbers on my Warlord resin and Zvezda Panzer 38 (t):
http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=281.msg7135#msg7135

Both of the 38(t) based kits are full of character, moreso than the KV-1 and the IS-2.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2018, 08:07:14 am »
They look great , nice paint job . And Rubicon decals are great , I use them on most of those " un named " kits  ;D

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2018, 04:22:04 pm »
Thanks Pinky, ultravanillasmurf, and ripley for your kind words and encouragement.

I agree that Rubicon decals are very good. At first I was concerned when I first saw them (with my M4A3E8 kit) because they seemed very thin. Thinner decals are actually best, but can be more difficult to work with. However, if care is taken, Rubicon decals are the best.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2018, 07:07:44 pm »
The tank commander is painted and the model has been given the final clear coat, so I finally finished the two Panzer 38(t) 1:56 scale models including some other miniatures (28mm Napoleonic Wars) I have been working on.

The final clear coat did reduced the overall contrast on the model as planned, but there is still enough contrast to stand out on the gaming table. These models are assembled and painted for the gaming table, and not for competition or static display.

Because I rushed through it, I'm not happy with the paint work on the tank commander, but it is good enough for the gaming table. However, I do have an extra tank commander because the other Panzer 38(t) was assembled with a closed hatch, so I might try painting a better figure later.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:30:18 pm by Tracks »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2018, 10:04:43 pm »
Turned out very nice . That German grey/gray is a very hard color to get right , you nailed it . What is the tank commander doing ? He looks a little strange , like he's holding something tight , a radio , a rifle , a blankie ? Sort of a weird pose , guess they were to cheap to give him arms . Probably made to just have his head sticking out of the hatch ?

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2018, 11:37:33 pm »
Turned out very nice . That German grey/gray is a very hard color to get right , you nailed it . What is the tank commander doing ? He looks a little strange , like he's holding something tight , a radio , a rifle , a blankie ? Sort of a weird pose , guess they were to cheap to give him arms . Probably made to just have his head sticking out of the hatch ?

You are right... the figure does look a bit confusing. When I took the picture my main focus was on the tank as a whole. Unfortunately, this is not the best angle for the tank commander.

The tank commander is holding the left earphone near his ear with his left hand while holding the mic piece with his right hand. Below is a photo of the actual figure that comes with the kit. Actually. this model kit comes with two different tank commanders. One for early war and one later war.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2018, 12:38:53 am »
That commander looks very similar to the British tank crew figures in the Warlord Sherman V.  Scaled-up PSC?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2018, 01:00:21 am »
I see what he's doing now . That makes sense . Hm , with a little sanding he might make a nice Brit tankie with a little work on that beret

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2018, 12:54:22 am »
Before I can get back to my Rubicon Models, I need to finish the projects on my workbench.

I finally finished my Marder III (139). The final clear coat reduced the overall contrast on the model as planned, but there is still enough contrast to stand out on the gaming table. Just like the two Panzer 38(t)s above, this model is assembled and painted for the gaming table, and not for competition or static display.

Now that these models are done, I can now break open the Rubicon kits I just received last week as well as finish some of the Rubicon kits I started.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:27:47 pm by Tracks »

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2018, 11:06:24 pm »
I finished assembling one of the Pak36 kits I have. Not as fun and easy to model as the Pak40, but the Pak36 is still a very good kit and I highly recommend it. I will be replacing all my metal Pak36s with these new plastic ones.

Below is a picture of the assembled kit, but in my excitement of modeling, I forgot to take a picture before starting to paint. Believe it or not, that is not a black priming coat. It is actually my custom Panzer Gray color over a light gray primer - the first stages of many for painting. Looks black or black-gray, but its the same color as the Panzer 36(t) and Marder III (139) shown above. If you can believe that.

The kit goes together well and looks far better than any of the metal Pak36 kits out there. That being said, some care and attention needs to be done when assembling. Check the fit of parts and plan your assembly carefully. In particular, the fit of part E12/E19 can go wrong if you are not careful. It might be better to glue part E10/E11 first, but with care and proper fit, you can glue E12/E19 first.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:28:37 pm by Tracks »