Author Topic: Sherman M4A3  (Read 7654 times)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Sherman M4A3
« on: November 24, 2014, 05:04:36 am »
Still a couple of details to pick out (tools), but was a lovely kit to build and paint.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:08:55 am by Spinfire »
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Sherman M4A3
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:19:08 am »
Having issues uploading pics the right way round, phone wants to put them upside down for some reason
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 05:25:04 am »
I also managed to use both turrets. I used plasticard for the base of the 76mm turret, works really well.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 11:35:34 pm »
The 75mm version has come up well - it's a good kit.  The turret for the 76mm version has some noticeable mistakes, unfortunately.  I'm still working on rectifying mine...

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 10:46:52 am »
What's wrong with the turret , Pinky ? According to the Sherman Minutia Website , there were about 6 versions of the T-23 turret , maybe it's one you've  not seen before . Depending what tank  Rubicon used as there template ,it might be a limited run one off ,or  it could be a Museum franken tank mash up , and we've all seen those at American and Canadian Legion halls . I think the one in a town south of me is an ex Israeli Sherman , one day I have to go get pictures

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 09:22:32 pm »
The bustle is undercut, rather than sloped.  It looks like an mini-M47 turret.  The cupola hatch is rather odd looking.  And the mantlet is a bit off.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 10:17:36 pm »
Your right , the hatch does look weird . I guess the turret and mantle can be sanded and / or puttied to match the picture of the vehicle you wish to build . I've built lots of kits need a little bit of extra attention, love that Green Stuff   :) . More a fan of the 75 turret tank myself but may have to do a post war Canadian 76 mm ( Korea ? ) if I can find photos of this body type .

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 04:08:59 pm »
It doesn't really bother me if a hatch is not quite right or if the slope is wrong, as for me these are gaming pieces.

I think the guys at Rubicon are doing a great job and as far as plastic kits at this scale go, I think they're one of the best on the market.

Garga

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 07:42:01 am »
nice job... look at my blog for a post where i explain how i managed to construct the missing hatch for the second turret.
I love this model and it is a fantastic gaming piece...

http://gargaslittlewars.blogspot.it/2015/01/getting-two-shermans-at-cost-of-one.html

bye

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 12:25:14 pm »
I looked at your blog, Garga - nice work creating a totally 'swappable' model.  I'm always impressed by what some people can do with magnets.

Garga

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 05:57:52 pm »
small magnets are fantastic ! I used also them on the base of a 50 cal so that i can add them as optional on the resin warlord sherman and to the willis jeep...

I always have lot of fun with magnets also with wh40k models to give them optional weapons...