Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

Showcasing my work - models used for gaming.

(1/11) > >>

Tracks:
I have to work on taking better pictures of my models because it seems that the colors and details do not look as they do when you see them in person. It might be the lighting, or my camera setting, or both. I'm not sure.

Here are two examples of Rubicon kits I have finished assembling and painting. They are now ready for the gaming table. I pretty much assembled the kits right out of the box with not additional modifications or changes. They have also been assembled and painted for the purpose of gaming only, so they are painted to a basic "gaming standard", and not for competition or static display. I still hope you can enjoy them. Please feel free to comment.

Jimmy_P:

Yeah photographing miniatures is a surprisingly difficult thing to do well! These both look fantastic though, great work  :)

ripley:
Both vehicles look great . What base color did you use for the Sherman ? Looks just about the  perfect shade of OD to me

Pinky:
Beautiful work.  I really like the colours (especially the Sherman - I agree with Ripley that's a great match for faded OD).  Please show us more!

ultravanillasmurf:
I agree with the above. No idea about the Olive Drab, but that looks great. The subtle camo on the 250 is especially good.

This is not a criticism, it is a question of style. The lighting effect highlights the surface and edge quality which shows off the modelling skill nicely and the underlying kit. It shows off what a good job you have made of it.

I have no idea how to light stuff so it looks full size.

Show us more!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version