Author Topic: More Soviets  (Read 3071 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
More Soviets
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:32:20 am »
More Russian vehicles , guns and a few troops .  1st a Universal Carrier , Russian style

Next a Lend Lease half track full of automatic weapons

And of course I had to add the drive shaft for the winch , cause eveybody looks for it  ::)

Now a 76mm Infantry gun and limber ( gun PSC  , limber - scratch built )

Next the PSC 45mm anti tank gun with PSC/BA  kit mingle crew

Finally a group of dismounted tank riders

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: More Soviets
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 02:34:20 pm »
I'm very interested in the Universal Carriers, as I've been trying to convert a couple into Soviet types.  Modifying the driver has proven to be very time-consuming, mostly because of my crapness at greenstuff sculpting.  I love the way your Soviet vehicles are bulging with soldiers - it looks very authentic.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 04:38:20 pm »
Very good.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 09:06:17 pm »
Just scrape of the pouch and web detail , and paint with green stuff , You really can't see much of the figures in the vehicle . Its the head gear that says Soviets . A bit of a cheat but ,when it comes to vehicle crews in tiny spaces I find less is more , if you know what I mean  ;D
Thanks for the compliments guys . Its feels  great to finally get my stuff posted , felt like a bit of a tool  talking about all this stuff and not being able to show people when asked about it  ::) Just got to space my posts  out , still got 26 more vehicles built ( German / Allied )