Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

The Panzer IV Digital Library - PzIV Ausf H Painted 190816

(1/89) > >>

Rubicon Models:
This is a new project similar to our "M4 Sherman Digital Library".   We have retired
our Panzer IV Mid-War (280010) kit during Q4/16, since then we had been creating
the all new "Panzer IV Digital Library".  Here is a few pics based on the Ausf G.  We
will add and subtract features to make other Panzer IV variants as we go along...

Besides what is described in our pics below, additional objectives as follow:

- Create common sprues that can be used with all variants to save cost
- To keep retail price as low as possible
- Hopefully be able to cover production models from Ausf D to J
- Will try new moulding techniques to create better products
- Will use experience gained to create the "Panzer III Digital Library"

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf:
Nice.

There is also the Stug IV option.

I was unimpressed with the other company's Panzer IV, hopefully this will be much better.

Pinky:
Looks good.  We had a thread earlier about how you'd break this up into separate kits.  You could probably do it with just two.  I'd really like to see the Jagdpanzer IV. 

I think the tracks are a bit of a problem, as the tread pattern is quite distinctive but difficult to replicate using the one-piece approach.

Marcin:
Great news! I'd like to see earlier options, like ausf. D, but I understand that in this kit there is no place for them.
Good job! Can't wait to see more :)

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: Marcin on January 04, 2017, 08:13:16 pm ---Great news! I'd like to see earlier options, like ausf. D, but I understand that in this kit there is no place for them.

--- End quote ---

Ausf D is the early "short" pre-series of the Panzer IV before the standardisation with the Ausf E.  A total of 243 were built, the last being delivered in early 1940.

Depending on the number of parts on the final product, we will do an Ausf D; and depending on the layout of the spure, we will see how this will bring us!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version