Author Topic: GAZ-AAA 6x4 2t Truck - Decal Sheet 180307  (Read 5010 times)

lou passejaire

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: GAZ-AAA 6x4 2t Truck - TS1 Plastic Assembled & Primed 171025
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2017, 05:15:42 PM »
116 of the Maxim quad AA MG, seized at the French Border during the retreat of the Catalogne Army were mounted on seized Chevrolet 1,5 tons trucks ( mostly Cevrolet TA ) , and used as AA trucks to protect the Transport Company units during the Battle of France ...  :P

i love the idea of the Quad maxim  :P :P

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: GAZ-AAA 6x4 2t Truck - Decal Sheet 180307
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2018, 11:15:47 PM »
Finally getting around to work on the GAZ-AA/AAA decal sheet.  Our plan is to use this set for other Soviet-related vehicles as well...  Any comments?

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2018, 12:40:06 AM »
I know very little about Soviet numbering etc (reading various Osprey books makes me think this is true for even the knowledgeable).

One thing I wonder about is how to number multiple vehicles in a similar manner. Maybe a sheet of "Cyrillic" style numbers?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2018, 12:55:09 AM »
One thing I wonder about is how to number multiple vehicles in a similar manner. Maybe a sheet of "Cyrillic" style numbers?

It is extremely difficult to create a "Cryllic-style" number sheet by a non-language guy like myself.  Even with some Cyrillic phrases, even language speakers had difficulty translating them into English.  We can only use photo references and whatever is on the internet to create decal sheets.  The one here allows you do multiple vehicles from the same squad.  In fact, more GAZ trucks don't have markings at all.