Author Topic: SdKfz 2 Kettenkrad with if.8 & Goliath - Crew TS1 Plastic 180220  (Read 35022 times)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SdKfz 2 Kettenkrad with if.8 & Goliath - Crew Sculpt 161019
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 08:36:08 pm »
Did the troops ride these vehicles like that?  It seems a bit unlikely.  I prefer the earlier designs, which looked natural and more 'general purpose'.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SdKfz 2 Kettenkrad with if.8 & Goliath - Crew Sculpt 161019
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 08:54:44 pm »
If you remember how this thing took off like a scared rabbit in SPR , they better be hanging on with both hands :)   . Although , I could always find a use for those sculpts away from the Krad as walking , stairclimbing troops etc

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: SdKfz 2 Kettenkrad with if.8 & Goliath - TS1 Plastic 161026
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 02:19:43 am »
A rare 2:18am update... just back from the factory with our TS1 SdKfz 2 sprue!

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 06:00:12 am »
Looks good.

It will be interesting to see it assembled.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 09:49:44 am »
Looks pretty good . I assume the 4 outside road wheels are separate pieces on the Krad  ? Are they all the same , as the one by the front wheel looks different than the other 3 . Of course it could just be the lighting and my computer screen , but it looks weird to me  , Anybody else see the differences or is it just me ?  ::)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 10:02:49 am »
You're right - one of the separate outer wheels doesn't seem to have been moulded properly.  You can see the faint outlines of the raised spokes.

Otherwise, it all looks great.  I think it's very cool that the sprue contains more than just the basic Kettenkraftrad. 

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 12:02:37 pm »
TS1 = Test Shot #1 = In most cases = minor miscast, mould line issues, missing part details, wrong parts, etc.

So no surprises, usually need TS report to send back to factory for sprue updates until everything pass QC before final signing of mould completion... a long repetitive process!

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 03:10:04 pm »
TS1 = Test Shot #1 = In most cases = minor miscast, mould line issues, missing part details, wrong parts, etc.

So no surprises, usually need TS report to send back to factory for sprue updates until everything pass QC before final signing of mould completion... a long repetitive process!

A process that we as customers do not normally see, but Rubicon are brave enough to show us, for which they should receive a lot of credit.

Watching (and assisting) the process is informative.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 03:32:02 pm »
A process that we as customers do not normally see, but Rubicon are brave enough to show us, for which they should receive a lot of credit.
Watching (and assisting) the process is informative.

Thanks UVS!  Unlike other manufacturers, we are very keen to share our design and
manufacturing process.  With direct customer feedbacks, we felt this will greatly improve
the design and quality of each final product.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2016, 08:52:36 pm »
I for one appreiciate  the fact that you let us see and comment on your ideas and pre production test shots . As UVS said its a brave move , being very  unusual in the hobby / model business . And I like the fact that you do take some of our comments and ideas , and incorporate our thoughts in the  redesign of your kits .

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2016, 08:58:49 pm »
I for one appreiciate  the fact that you let us see and comment on your ideas and pre production test shots . As UVS said its a brave move , being very  unusual in the hobby / model business . And I like the fact that you do take some of our comments and ideas , and incorporate our thoughts in the  redesign of your kits .

The fact that as a small design studio we are able to be more flexible.  We had been working with OEM customers all the time, this enables us to listen to feedbacks and ideas... and we think this is what the industry needed to produce better products.

On the other hand, we have much less competition because of the scale that we make our kits... in 1/56 scale; this also make us more liberal in sharing our projects with the public.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2016, 09:05:29 pm »
It also looks as though Warlord/Italeri has stopped tailing your releases - if in fact the were doing that deliberately.  We now get different releases from both companies, which is win-win as far as I can see.  And Rubicon is well ahead in terms of plastic soft-skins. 

Incidentally, I've just built the new Italeri M3/M3A1 Stuart.  Not bad in terms of options, and it's a very complete rendition of the British M3 "Honey" (although it doesn't build an accurate M3A1), but it doesn't have Rubicon's precision, and the multi-piece tracks are a pain compared to Rubicon's M5A1 tracks.  Overall, the Rubicon Stuart is much more enjoyable to build.  So keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:14:18 pm by Pinky »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2016, 09:12:02 pm »
@Pinky, thanks for the compliment.  We are not giving up doing tanks, just wanted to take a break away from them to address other vehicles most gamers/modellers wanted.

We are also re-thinking our ways to design tanks.  That's why we are taking the initiative to remake the M4 Sherman, Panzer III & IV.

From hearsay, the M3/M3A1 is the last plastic kit that Italeri will produce for Warlord.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:14:14 pm by Rubicon Models »

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2016, 04:01:19 am »
I thank you, very much for your approach to us modellers it is rare to be treated like this, and I think I say for all that we sincerely appreciate this fact . I for one enjoy the forum as much as the kits.  Time is my main fear and lack of, so it`s  a pleasure to read this forum, and build these kits. Both give me a sense of fun, that's been lacking in this industry and my life for a while   

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: SdKfz 2 Kettenkrad with if.8 & Goliath - Crew Prototypes 161207
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2016, 12:04:15 pm »
Had been very busy at the factory trying to get our Q4/16 new release ready... still working on it!

Not much time for studio updates, but happy to have a few snapshots of the prototypes from our
new 3D printer.  There are 2 possible poses for the driver and the crew, plus some stowage stuff...

Enjoy!
;)