Author Topic: Military Modelling review of recent Rubicon kits  (Read 3845 times)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Military Modelling review of recent Rubicon kits
« on: July 10, 2016, 06:12:58 pm »
Military Modelling is one of the longest running modelling magazines.  There was a time (before the internet and the proliferation of military reference books) when it was one of the only available sources of detailed information for military kits.  In their June issue they've done their first review of Rubicon kits, and it's very favourable.  They reviewed the Crusader and Jagdpanzer 38t, which of course means they've chosen 2 of Rubicon's best kits (in terms of accuracy, precision and detail).  Nice to see Rubicon up there with other more established kit manufacturers!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:50:49 am by Pinky »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Military Modelling review of recent Rubicon kits
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 11:29:37 pm »
We feel extremely proud to be able to get reviewed by Military Modelling magazine.
The publication had been one of our favorites and is a dream come true to get
reviews from them.  For those who do have not access to the magazine, here are
the links for the reviews:

A15 Crusader (280025):
http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article/a15-crusader-tank-in-1-56/23709

Jadgpanzer 38(t) "Hetzer" (280030):
http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article/jagdpanzer-38-hetzer-in-1-56/23710

Enjoy!
;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:52:30 pm »
Military Modelling (August issue) just ran a whole article on the Rubicon M3A1 half-track.  It's a very favourable review.  It makes the comment that the build took about 1 1/2 hours, and suggests this is a long time.  I take much longer than this to build anything - even allowing for watching The Walking Dead on DVD and arguing with my wife at the same time, it's still hours per model. 

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 09:50:58 pm »
I read that article in the book store and  I got the feeling that the reviewer thought that since the kit was designed with a  game , weird scale and all ,28mm - 1/56 , it should almost fall together like the PSC , Zvedza ( sp ?  ::) ) type kits out there  . You must admit there's a little more to a Rubicon kit than that , thank goodness .

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 11:39:33 pm »
Well that kit does fall together.   But building the kit and adding bits as I go along is what I enjoy most.  Why hurry?