Author Topic: Tank, Cruiser, Mk VI (A15 Crusader) - Project CLOSED!  (Read 48396 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tank, Cruiser, Mk VI (A15 Crusader)
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2015, 08:34:11 am »
Both Mk 3 & 5 used on Crusader III . The Mk 5 was  16 inches longer than the Mk 3 . If it looks too long in the flesh , you can all ways cut it down to length . All photos I have on hand ( not many as Brit tanks are not my favs ) show the Crusaders at an angle off the front so its really hard to judge the over hang of the gun . Found one side view , the Mk 3 barrel ends at the front edge of the hull .
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:40:07 am by ripley »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2015, 10:32:36 am »
Ripley - we had a discussion about the barrel before, and you clarified that there were 2 different types fitted.  This is obviously the M5 barrel.  I'm not saying it's wrong, just querying whether it's a bit too long.  As you say, it's hard to find a profile photo of a Crusader III, but none of the photos seem to show the barrel overhanging the nose this much.  However, some of the drawings I've found online (like the Tamiya kit's instructions) do show a similar overhang.  I dunno - maybe it is just these photos. 

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2015, 11:01:52 am »
Maybe the barrel isn't fitted tight in the model ? Seems to be the only " problem " I see with the kit , really an easy fix if you want a Crusader III .Just troll yahoo / google for pictures.  I'm looking to get 2 AA tanks , one for my Canadian troops and one to go with my Polish 10th Mtn Div Cromwell . Really don't need the Crusader tank turrets , think one of the guys a the LHS can probably use them , we tend to pass around spare / extra parts as they are hard to find in this scale  :)  OFF TOPIC  Know where I can find vehicle seats , want to kitbash a Berge panther -the kind with the open drivers compartment ,been working on the transmission for weeks , can't seem to get the shape right ....... :o

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2015, 12:00:58 pm »
Let's see what Rubicon says.  I think the 2-pdr barrel looks a bit long too... 

I was going to just build a Crusader AA, but I like the look of this kit so much I was wondering about building a couple of Tunisian Crusader IIIs.

For Panther seats, how about the front seats from an SdKfz 251?  They look pretty similar.  I have some spare if you want them. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:15:41 pm by Pinky »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2015, 01:12:33 pm »
We have BOTH gun barrels - QF6 Mk III 43L and QF6 Mk V 50L - as assembly options on the Mk III turret.

All barrel length on the Crusader variants are carefully measured and then compared with available line drawings to make sure they are correct.  Most of these barrels have length specifications, so scaling it down to 1/56 is not a big issue for us!

We know you guys will bring this up... haha!
;)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2015, 06:14:25 pm »
OFF TOPIC  Know where I can find vehicle seats , want to kitbash a Berge panther -the kind with the open drivers compartment ,been working on the transmission for weeks , can't seem to get the shape right ....... :o

S&S models do a conversion kit, not sure if it contains seats though
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament