Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Showcase & Gallery / Re: Jimmys WIP Thread
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 16, 2018, 11:18:38 PM »
Nice models. Clean scheme on the Tiger is good. The whitewash on the T34 looks suitably worn.

Good point on the hellcat, does seem daft to have  half crew on an open topped turret. You could try sawing the legs etc off of some Warlord plastics or spare Rubicon Jeep crew.

We are looking for crew for our Waffentragers at the moment, but that has a tiny turret. Just thought, the Airborne Jeep crew might make a good gunner for the waffentrager.
General Discussions / Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Last post by Rubicon Models on April 16, 2018, 11:18:28 PM »
RE: Perry's WW2 American...

I was talking to Alan Perry at Salute during a break, he told me they still have to do one more set of plastic mounted Agincourt Knights 1415-29 before they can do anything with the WW2 Americans.  This is what he said...

"Michael was showing the very early stages of some WWII US Infantry (Mediterranean theatre) he's been working on. Only two at the moment but the will be twelve torsos (with enough frames for three squads) on the main frame plus more on the command. They are wearing the M1941 Parsons field jacket, standard in Tunisia and Italy although still seen on troops up to the end of the war, plus canvas gaiters. There will be all the weapons you'd expect on the frame and more if we have room. There is no release date for these either (mainly as Michael has only just started making them!)"

;)

« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 16, 2018, 11:09:33 PM »
Oh and please don't pay any attention to the water pot I use for painting, I've had it for a long time!  ::)
More pictures of the water pot!
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 16, 2018, 11:05:07 PM »
Thanks! Ha, I'm afraid the Tesseract-power Panther is based on the HYDRA Panzer Divisions (circa 1945)... :P
That is not historical, as everyone knows Hydra used FV432s brought back through time from the British Army sell off ^___^.

Nice engine glow effect.
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 16, 2018, 11:00:19 PM »
Interestingly enough Perry miniatures have just published some early work American infantry. Early uniform for Tunisia and Sicily. I can't see that they could not also be used as Normandy troops. As far as I know not everyone had updated uniforms at that time. Perry have a lot better to scale size of their miniatures. I personally liked their other ww2 plastic boxes. I am getting very frustrated with Warlord for their unhistorical weapon mix and size.
Sven
They had some "three ups" at Salute (for those pre-digital sculpting the physical masters are sculpted three times final size and the moulds are produced using a pantograph running over the surface, scaling down the size. There is a funny story about a company who sent the three ups for mould making and got the moulds back with 75mm size figures...).
General Discussions / Re: Citroen 11CV
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 16, 2018, 10:51:58 PM »
It is a lovely looking kit (mine is here, awaiting assembly: http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/salute-2018-rubicon-models-part-one.html.

The only ones I have seen have been in films and television programmes, so I suspect they would not have been insured for a repaint. The last one was in an episode of the Belgian series"Salamander" (series one on iPlayer).

I am going for black with official plates.
« Last post by Rubicon Models on April 16, 2018, 10:46:50 PM »
They also had the sprues for their 8.8cm FlaK 36 & a pre-production PaK 43 in the 'coming soon' cabinet at Salute.

Just too busy at Salute to go over to the Warlord booth and take a look at their coming soon display.  From what I was told, the plastic  FlaK 36 is just the gun without crew; and the PaK 43 is resin with pewter parts.  Is this correct?

Lucky for us, ours is a FlaK 36 or 37 with both crew and carriage; and our FlaK 43 will come with crew and carriage as well.

;)
Work In Progress / Re: The Krupp-Steyr Waffentr├Ąger in resin
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 16, 2018, 10:37:25 PM »
@Ballardian: that might work, though you would probably need to build a turret basket of some kind. The gunner would then fit from below. The loader might fit from above if you fix the gun and have the loader with the round part in the breech. The U shaped piece (below the gun in the photograph).

Does occupy a lot of the space, fitting a commander in would be difficult.

I will try and put something together later and photograph it.

Thanks for the photographs. Is that a cable hanging off the back of the turret?

General Discussions / Re: Citroen 11CV
« Last post by Ballardian on April 16, 2018, 10:15:38 PM »
I bought one too, a gorgeous little model :)
 From the pictures I've seen, most seem to be in whatever colour they came in (given that most of the pics were b&w - they look to be dark colours). This is somewhat different to the models you see, with many co-opted by the Germans given a camo scheme. I've not found many painted this way, but here's one used as a staff car by General Kassin at Arnhem (where it was shot up - I don't recall if he was killed, but his driver certainly was & I've cropped the body from the pic as it is a touch grisly).

Here's one post Normandy landings, it still appears to be in it's original colour, but the driver's really gone to town with mud & foliage.

The rest again look to be in whatever dark colour they were originally.

Work In Progress / Re: The Krupp-Steyr Waffentr├Ąger in resin
« Last post by Ballardian on April 16, 2018, 09:41:04 PM »

I've never found a photo of the Krupp-Steyr version with the splinter screen (the only ones I have seen seem to have been taken on a single occasion, given the background, lighting etc.)  - but have seen a drawing from early in the design stage (if I can find it again I'll add it to the thread). As it would appear that the Trumpeter kit doesn't include it it looks like no answer can be forthcoming.
UVS - in the form presented it'd definitely prevent anyone seeing out of the vehicle - but as it didn't seem to feature on the prototype, what form it'd actually have taken is anyone's guess.
 Do you think the crew from the plastic WG Marder would fit (perhaps with a little alteration?)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]